$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 95

6,107 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
38.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: Miniatures count and Box Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignazio Corrao

Malzeville
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering how they're going to fit all the game's miniatures in one of CMON's standard boxes.

It seems like this game has a higher model count than Blood Rage.
First, it supports 6 players, so it is 50% more clans than Blood Rage. Also, they've already shown Shinto priests for most of the factions, which I guess are the equivalent of Blood Rage shamans, and which may be available in the basic game.
Plus, one of the monsters (the dragon) may be larger than any of the viking ones (I assume they'll do an impressive model).
Not to mention the Phoenix and all the other monsters and Oni.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Chromit90 wrote:
I was wondering how they're going to fit all the game's miniatures in one of CMON's standard boxes.

It seems like this game has a higher model count than Blood Rage.
First, it supports 6 players, so it is 50% more clans than Blood Rage. Also, they've already shown Shinto priests for most of the factions, which I guess are the equivalent of Blood Rage shamans, and which may be available in the basic game.
Plus, one of the monsters (the dragon) may be larger than any of the viking ones (I assume they'll do an impressive model).
Not to mention the Phoenix and all the other monsters and Oni.



With smart design I think it's reasonable to have a deeper box without it being wider or longer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't expect to see any change. Using a denser insert I'm fitting all the KS stuff + Promo figure easily in the Blood Rage box. CMON can no doubt do similar. The insert always fits the box! ;) And we don't know yet what will be in the base box. It might be 5 player with no Priests for example, expanded with 'stretch goals'. They revealed the game using a standard box, though that far out I admit it doesn't mean a huge amount.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao

Malzeville
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They may manage to fit more models, but are they going to charge the game more when compared to the already expensive Blood Rage?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to Blood Rage? Absolutely. CMON KS base sets are already much more than the $75 Blood Rage was. Massive Darkness was $120, I wouldn't expect Rising Sun to be much Less (if any).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the insert (if there even was one) I can fit a lot into the Blood Rage box and I have room to spare (even cards are sleeved). I don't think Rising Sun will have a problem unless they bloat it with many huge miniatures.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've all been pretty much 'human' sized so far. I think the latest one is probably the mostly obviously giant one yet.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's terrifying
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
They've all been pretty much 'human' sized so far. I think the latest one is probably the mostly obviously giant one yet.



....... I'm definitely getting this game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
There's 22 unique figures depicted on the FB page so far.

There's 20 unique miniatures in the Gen Con photos.

However those are clearly not 1:1 match-ups. Unscientifically, we can assume we've seen about 30 unique characters, maybe.

If we double that, looking at 60 miniature as a wild guess.

That's 15ish more than the retail Blood Rage, so not that much. Knowing how many figures are in a clan would be helpful.

Really difficult to know what the price/box comparison will be based on what we know without all that fuzzy speculation I did.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao

Malzeville
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If we follow Blood Rage distribution, each faction/clan should get: 1 leader (Daimyo), 2 priests (Shinto monks), and 8 warriors (Bushi); for a total of 66 minis.
Plus, I guess at least 8 creatures/monsters.

And, I would assume a few Shinobi/spies (unlikely to be left out in this setting).


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chromit90 wrote:
If we follow Blood Rage distribution, each faction/clan should get: 1 leader (Daimyo), 2 priests (Shinto monks), and 8 warriors (Bushi); for a total of 66 minis.
Plus, I guess at least 8 creatures/monsters.

And, I would assume a few Shinobi/spies (unlikely to be left out in this setting).




I wouldn't be surprised if each clan ad fewer warriors than BR.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Jawby wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:
They've all been pretty much 'human' sized so far. I think the latest one is probably the mostly obviously giant one yet.



....... I'm definitely getting this game.


Yeah, that will most certainly stay with me. Also probably a pain to paint nicely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
Jawby wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:
They've all been pretty much 'human' sized so far. I think the latest one is probably the mostly obviously giant one yet.



....... I'm definitely getting this game.


Yeah, that will most certainly stay with me. Also probably a pain to paint nicely.


Wait, that's one of the miniatures??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Theoretically every character they've shown will be a miniature.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Van Maele
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
epilepticemu wrote:
Chromit90 wrote:
If we follow Blood Rage distribution, each faction/clan should get: 1 leader (Daimyo), 2 priests (Shinto monks), and 8 warriors (Bushi); for a total of 66 minis.
Plus, I guess at least 8 creatures/monsters.

And, I would assume a few Shinobi/spies (unlikely to be left out in this setting).




I wouldn't be surprised if each clan ad fewer warriors than BR.




Based on this picture is seems that Jason has 6 bushi, 1 daimyo and 3 shinto. And this was taken before the game begon.

Also there where 8 White disks that had to represent the oni I think.

So yeah maybe looking at +- 70 minitures.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.