5 Posts

Labyrinth» Forums » General

Subject: Getting back on home square rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi having just bought the game will be playing first game at the weekend.Thinking about it is it really hard when all symbols have been collected to get back home as it seems to me that other players knowing where you are going can stop you all the time or am I missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even when I was a kid, I always thought it gave the game a nice bit of balance.

During the game, a player can really get ahead quickly through some lucky card draws (or behind through bad luck).

Having to go back to home means that when someone gets all treasures first, the rest still have a chance to catch up.
But blocking the leader comes at the expense of easily reaching your own remaining goals, of course.

I seem to recall a rule in my version that you could always leave this rule out, especially when playing with little kids. You could always houserule this way if you don't like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you for that.Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't play to the home square at the end. In fact, we play differently each time we get into a spell of playing it again. Recently, we played so that all the cards are divided according to this: #of players + one. So, there were 4 piles in a game with my daughter, wife, and I. The fourth pile was played just like our individual piles, except that it was a community pile. Anyone could go for that card, but only you could go for yours. Once a player's private pile is empty (all revealed), then the game is over immediately. The player with the most cards at that point wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That sounds good will try that.Thanks Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.