United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
UKIP Members come to blows:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-37581477

Labour party in complete disarray, UKIP punching each others lights out, LibDems absolutely nowhere to be seen.

I weep for the state of UK democracy. This country has still yet to recover from the Brexit vote, and we haven't even left the EU yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if we had a real democracy, and the people got what they had voted for the LibDems ight still be a force.

If we had a real democracy then out leaders would have taken into account the idea that they might lose the Brexit vote and have an exit strategy in place.

Yes I weep for how little regard our politicians have for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

Labour party in complete disarray, UKIP punching each others lights out, LibDems absolutely nowhere to be seen.

I weep for the state of UK democracy. This country has still yet to recover from the Brexit vote, and we haven't even left the EU yet!

The Tories will have no trouble governing despite their very small majority because there is no one for the left of the Tory party to vote with.
So we will have grammar schools despite a majority of MPs opposing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This was always one of my favoured ways of dealing with government.

Put all prospective MPs in a room and have them fight it out. The winner? You don't actually have one - what you do is block up the doors and bury the room at the bottom of the sea bed while there fighting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

The problem, to me, is that UKIP are a tiny part of democracy that have been given a vastly disproportionate voice by the media, in order that the media can cynically sell product. Why are the antics of a party that have one single MP out of 650, and just over 2% of the councillors in the country, the top headline on the BBC and most of the papers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

The problem, to me, is that UKIP are a tiny part of democracy that have been given a vastly disproportionate voice by the media, in order that the media can cynically sell product. Why are the antics of a party that have one single MP out of 650, and just over 2% of the councillors in the country, the top headline on the BBC and most of the papers?
Why the hell does Farage keep getting so much publicity, he is not even a party leader anymore?

In a way this is a bit like Trump, it's politics as entertainment "Ohh look at the silly buffoon acting up again, isn't he funny". You are rioght, it is cynical reality politics designed to get audience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

Don't forget the kippers had a leadership election and the winner resigned after 18 days - partly because of the abuse she received.

As for the LibDems - what you are seeing is disinterest by the press. A few days ago Farron was saying that the Tories "had been taken hostage by Brexit fundamentalists". Not really reported much except in places like the Express where they used it as a flag to rally their Brexit loving readers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So once again, the UK media are trying to manufacture the agenda. shake

I'm not saying there is a 'conspiracy', nor am I being partisan about this. If it was Labour in power with the Tories in disarray, I'd have the same qualms.

I just don't see how we can operate a democracy when effectively threre is no opposition whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

The US feels your pain. Wsnt some leftover tea party hats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.