Hide
16 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: UK copies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Collie
msg tools
Anyone seen one yet? I have a preorder with Leisure Games (who find feedback to customers hard to do) and I am wondering if anyone has seen anything yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Not seen yet, but received the following via e-mail relating to my pre-order with BoardGameGuru.

boardgameguru wrote:
Thanks for your order.

A lot of people have been asking when this will arrive - Esdevium (the distributor) tell me they will be here next week, we will ship them out to you as quickly as we can.

Best wishes

Paul

I received that last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
slashing wrote:
Not seen yet, but received the following via e-mail relating to my pre-order with BoardGameGuru.

boardgameguru wrote:
Thanks for your order.

A lot of people have been asking when this will arrive - Esdevium (the distributor) tell me they will be here next week, we will ship them out to you as quickly as we can.

Best wishes

Paul

I've had pretty much the same thing from Meeples Corner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
PeterM2158 wrote:
slashing wrote:

boardgameguru wrote:
Thanks for your order.

Best wishes

Paul

I've had pretty much the same thing from Meeples Corner

same here , there was a delay from the distributors, they were supposed to ship end of September , then the 4th of October , now the 12th , then our local shops in few days will ship to us , so I think we will get the game in the next 10 days or so .
Can't wait ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero 164
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Chaos cards told me next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived this morning - a birthday present from my significant other

It cane with a sleeved promo card. The only downside is the insert was sort of messed up. No damage to the outside whatsoever, which leads me to believe it was a production fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

It cane with a sleeved promo card. The only downside is the insert was sort of messed up. No damage to the outside whatsoever, which leads me to believe it was a production fault.

The insert was made a too thin to withstand the forces of the cards and cubes dashing around in the box while being transported. The designers has answered in many places that they are sorry for that and it will be changed to the next print. I hope your components was complete and undamaged at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

The insert was made a too thin to withstand the forces of the cards and cubes dashing around in the box while being transported. The designers has answered in many places that they are sorry for that and it will be changed to the next print. I hope your components was complete and undamaged at least.

That's fine, it doesn't detract from the gaming experience. Just thought I'd make people aware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero164 wrote:

They've despatched mine this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
Hero164 wrote:

They've despatched mine this morning.

Mine (from Meeples Corner) was attempted delivery today - but I'm away for work for two days! cry Having it redelivered on Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
in transit ... Yodel ... I hope for the best...but Yodel it's a concern ... so let's wait and see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Chaos Cards shipped today - by Interlink/DPD so all cool for delivery tomorrow - right down to Desmond letting me know when he's 5 minutes from my office (though that's probably down to having too much delivered) ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Lindley
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

How many copies of the card? Was it Small Asteroid?

My insert was a complete mess, rips, bends etc... disappointed with the quality of the components and art for the price, but hoping the gameplay makes up for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
cdlftw wrote:
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

How many copies of the card? Was it Small Asteroid?

My insert was a complete mess, rips, bends etc... disappointed with the quality of the components and art for the price, but hoping the gameplay makes up for it.

I got one copy of Small Asteroid with my copy from Meeples Corner. Insert was also a bit torn and battered - as has been mentioned in other places it just wasnt strong enough to cope with the heavy board and components impacting on it. I'm not worried anyway, it got thrown straight out - as do most card inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
Got mine too , same experience the promo card "Small Asteroid" ( good ) but torn and battered inside ( Bad ), looked a bit cheap for the money , hopefully gameplay will change first impression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Loudsmoker wrote:
hopefully gameplay will change first impression.

For the record my first impression was very good. I really don't care about a card insert. I only ever keep vacuum former proper inserts as the card ones don't actually do anything. Cards and board look great, love the metallic cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.