Subject: London reserved tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abn Rgr1978
United States
Portland Area
Oregon
flag msg tools
When I first played 1822 I was informed that the London tiles were reserved for the designated companies with allowances for M14.

The rule was later enforced to prevent me from connecting to London with M12 when the M15 had not been started.

The rules state that the tile can be laid if it connects to the company and there is no director of the company.

Does that apply only if the concession/minor has been closed or does it include when the concession / minor has not been purchased yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Cutforth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hopefully, the rules state that the 6 hexes around london are reserved for the adjacent companies in London (with, as you say, allowances for M14).
The detail of the restrictioon is that if the concession / major / minor company has an owner then tiles can only be laid in the restricted hex if the owner permits it. This restriction applies to yellow tiles and upgrades.
And if the concession / major / minor does not have an owner, then tile can only be laid in the hex if they connect the London hex to the wider network - meaning that if you lay a tile in the hex it has to connect to London, it cannot cut across the hex, leading to a different adjacent hex. This latter restriction, by definition, can only apply to yellow tiles.
If the minor company is thrown away in the stock round, or is acquired, then there is no change to this restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.