$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Magie Erwtwood
Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a year ago I picked up Mage Knight Board Game and since then I’m really hooked to solo gaming. It’s a cool game to play, definitely, and it still hits my table now and then, although I have to say that Shadowrun: Crossfire does come out of the box more often these days.

I only own two soloable games so far for two main reasons: First, collecting stuff is not my thing and secondly, buying games involves a really long process. I literally spend days and days on research before purchasing the two game above.

At work during lunchtime I always take a minute to hunt down some titles on BGG. Promising titles I add to my wishlist. And a month ago I decided to clean up my wishlist. Cleaning up is just something I love to do as I like to keep things organized. I did not had the intention what so ever to spend money on a new game at that point.

Aventuria Adventure Card Game also was on the list and the RPG element in particular intrigued me a lot. So I started digging…

I’ve read through all data on BGG and on the kingstarter page [geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1638591/first-look-english-edition-kickstarter-campaign-li][/geekurl] I watched all videos (Ulisses Spiele, did a great job on the two video’s they’ve published running through the dual mode and the adventure mode), I did a round-up, created a lists with pro’s and con’s, create an inventory with all components for the base game and the expansions, I reconsidered and reconsidered again. And although my German is a little rusty I also checked all available German content on the game.

This research has taken me 3 weeks. And then I bumped against the big wall of the unknown…

I was aware of the existence of Kickstarter projects (they are all around on BGG), but I had no clue how they work. So again something to dig in…

I did research on how KS projects work, how they evolve, how the bonus systems work, I checked feedback from backers, I reconsidered and reconsidered again.

I picked up a lot of useful information on my research, but it still feels like a plunge into darkness.

But overall the game has me won over big time during the process so I decided to back the project. And I went all the way by also including the expansions. The main reason for this is the fact that the base game includes only two adventures, and with including the expansions, there are 6 in total if I counted well .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.