Subject: Is this Luck? (a Whitesnake inside!?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Sbragia
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Luck in games is like a wonderful guitar hero, you love to hear him, but just a bit ... if the concert becomes a one man show not everyone will like it, and really someone will really hate it!

So winning in Rockopolis ... is this Luck that i'me feeling ?

For sure it is NOT.

Like Aerosmith teach everyone you don't have to "judge a book from its cover".

Cards and dice do not mean a luck based game.

Rockopolis is about choices, player could press those choices by opting to have the die roll choose his/her fate, but it is not reccomended ... especially by me, the designer.

Let's have some example:

The Live roll; if you have a band valued 17 you should opt to perform a Live at 15, sure you will impress the audience; but you might even go to a bigger event knowing you are too weak to impress that audience, but in performing bigger and hard live gigs you should play good events to improve your prestige there. Think narrative, your band is not good enough for the bikers day ... that is for sure, but you might know someone who will write down a review on a webzine (+1 prestige), you know you will fail but you will gain 3 prestige losing no synergy. All this example is without die roll.

The cards: card decks are balanced to allow players choose between playing events or band members, maybe some players will prefer to lay down every card, maybe some others will prefer to hold them for a rainy day.
For example holding bad prestige events will be useful to hold down the "runaway band", holding low rated band members will help player to have a fresh reserve in case that a member will leave the band.

Always think narrative, Rockopolis is about wannabe bands, not super rockers like Metallica, or Pantera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.