11 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Legendary custom cards link lost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
Hi, I am aware that there are 1,000's of awesome custom cards available on this site for Legendary, but about 6 months ago I found a link from a user who had posted upgrades to the original Red Skull villain to make him more difficult. It was the same pictures of the original Red Skull cards, with just rewording to make his difficulty level tougher. I have searched for an hour and cannot seem to find this link again! Can anybody help me please? Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
If he is not on this sheet...I'm not sure where he would be.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qYpy-UubSe4k0uUTxhd4...

if you do find him...let us know. I'll add him to the DB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Looking it over, mine aren't on there...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1365572/harder-base-game-ma...
(may have also missed my schemes:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1382773/alternate-base-game...
)

But, mine are also not the original images. I don't remember ever having seen customs that used the original art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
You know what, Theorel, it could very well have been these. It was really several months ago I looked, so my memory is a little hazy about the art. I was always so certain that it was the original images. Anyway, these look great and I'll probs print and stick them over the top of the old cards! Anything to make Mr Skull a little more interesting. I'm keen to keep the thread open, just in case anybody does find the cards I mean. Hopefully you can get your cards put on that database list too. Thanks for your designs and all the helps!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
To prevent that type of thing from happening again, I was introduced to the Quickbar about three months ago. It's part of your user profile, and functions as a set of favorites or bookmarks for this site.

Adding your obsessions to your Quickbar just makes good sense, as I've had links vanish on me, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
Tsallak wrote:
To prevent that type of thing from happening again, I was introduced to the Quickbar about three months ago.

I had no idea about it too. I've added this thread to my Quickbar. Thanks a million!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools

Your cards are so good, that I don't even care about the cards I mentioned earlier in this thread. Thanks a million for the hard work. I have also printed the Loki cards. Can't wait to get a game with them

(By the way, I printed these out on sticky back, glossy paper and stuck them over the top of the original Red Skull cards. The way I see it, I won't be playing with the originals again, so this is a great cost effective tip!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the kind words! I hope you enjoy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
We're glad you enjoyed our tips.

Personally I wouldn't put sticker paper on any actual card, since I still have a supply of those double-backed/blank cards from many of the big box sets, and I might want to show someone (probably a new player) the original version of Red Skull or Magneto some day. I just print custom cards on standard paper, put that on top of a blank card and put them in those black bordered sleeves from Ultra Pro. Since my real cards are in those, too, I can't tell the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
Very good advice. Though I'm not the least bit sentimental about cards I would never use again. And I like my games to be challenging, so I really wouldn't use him again

You will be pleased to know that I have since moved onto printing on double sided glossy paper, 260GSM. I have a template I made in Photoshop that prints the exact size as the original cards. It's a pretty sweet setup. I am curious about your sleeves though. Can you tell me what size you buy? And how well do they shuffle and play out when mixed with the originals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I use the Ultra Pro standard sized ones with a black border. I buy them from Potamac Distribution, and buy a pack of 500 sleeves for $23 or $24 plus shipping from them.

I know that some sleeves don't quite fit in the big box expansion boxes (I think it was Fantasy Flight sleeves, but don't know), but Ultra Pro ones do. Maybe other sleeves are higher quality, but these clearly work just fine, there's a good bulk deal and I can replace them pretty easily.

My sleeves need to be replaced on occasion, but I play an absurd amount of the game (four games a day is normal on average for me) so I don't think it speaks to a lack of quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.