Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales» Forums » Rules

Subject: Olga the Owl, and Conjur Darkness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
Certain tiles have a special rule that say if it is Nightfall when the mice explore onto this tile, place Olga the Owl token.

So my question is this:
If you are playing a mystic, and get to one of these tiles, but it was not Nightfall when you got there (and didn't say Nightfall on the encounter card), so Olga does not get placed at the start of the encounter, but you use your conjure darkness ability while on this tile... does Olga now show up because you conjured darkness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Cook
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It's a triggered effect based on exploring into that tile. So once you're their it doesn't matter if it turns dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
Aye, that was what I was thinking... so I guess you just need to keep in mind that the moon token doesn't go away until a surge happens, so it could help you use sneak attack, or scatter... but watch out on that next tile... you may have helped Olga show up when you explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.