$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 82.76

5,512 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.7% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Chuck Norris must be a Trump supporter ~ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I only say that because after several days of hearing nothing but how this current hurricane is coming for our children* and how it's the worst thing that's happened since, well, ever, and that if not for uncaring SUV owners the planet would be entering a peaceful and lush Kumbaya Era of tranquil coexistence with Gaia and the climate scientists - Hurricane Matthew apparently spotted Chuck Norris on the beach with his jaw jutting out, ready for action. Because it turns out so far to be just one of the regular climate events as it moves offshore.

Probably one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen from someone wanting to be president was Hillary declaring Trump unfit for office because Trump can't protect America from climate change:

Quote:
“Another threat to our country is climate change. 2015 was the hottest year on record and the science is clear: it’s real, it’s wreaking havoc on communities across America. Last week’s hurricane was another reminder of the devastation that extreme weather can cause and I send my thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by Hermine. But, this is not the last one that’s going to hit Florida given what’s happening in the climate. […] If it affects people who lose their homes or their businesses that took a lifetime to build, it doesn’t matter to him. When it comes to protecting our country against natural disasters and the threat of climate change, once again, Donald Trump is totally unfit and unqualified to be our President.”


Wow. Citation needed on that one. FWIW, I suspect that Hillary was laying the groundwork for the next debate by salting the press with attacks on Trump and his failure to stop Gaia from killing Floridians and then Sunday, as the death toll mounted - she could proudly say "I told you he was a bad man!" while pointing a crooked finger at Trump and laying the deaths of untold victims at his feet. Where they belong.

Who is this woman's campaign manager? Here's the clip:





There are no less than 7 good SNL skits in that short video.

So now routine weather and climate events are political. Hildebeast doesn't offer any evidence that she is fit to protect us from hot summers and fall hurricanes. But she totally believes the fact that The Trumpster is unable to stop the mad cycle of heat/cold/heat/cold and wind and rain that makes him completely unfit to run the nation. Well, at least he showed up at that last flood with bottled water, diapers and Play Do while Jesus O was hitting the links and Hildebeast was stumbling around trying to appear fit and healthy.

RSP is, of course, silent. If any Republican politician had taken the podium and blamed a democrat for failing to stop the climate from hurting us the threads would be pages long and filled with derision and Libtard reach-arounds as you all congratulated yourselves for not being as stupid as that dumb ass conservative. I have no idea if Trump is a competent debater or capable of actually winning an election - but I do know this, if he doesn't spit and roast this dumbfuck murderous corrupt shitstain HRC for this level of idiocy when the next debate happens then maybe both him and HRC would be better off stroking out and forcing us to pick between Kaine & Pence.

Oh yeah, and I came across this article, which validates my assertion that AGW is 100% political and that even formerly non-political outlets have gone in the bag for the idiotic Left.

http://www.popsci.com/dont-take-weather-advice-from-matt-dru...


They are right, of course - don't get your weather from Drudge. But apparently you don't want to get it from them, or Hitlery, or even the weather service.



* Now, on to overpaid entertainers pretending to be reporters trying to shame parents for killing their children long before the parents have even had a chance to kill their children. C'mon Shepard, give those parents time, they may kill the kids yet and you, like Hildebeast, can say I told you so.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/07/fox-news-anchor-s...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donny denies climate change is real, if it is his denial will do nothing to prevent more (and worse) natural disasters.

Clinton is not saying he caused this tragedy, she is saying his policies will increase the chances of it happening again. She is appealing to those who think climate change is real and can be tackled, by pointing out that Donny disagrees.

You can argue about whether she is right, so why put words into her mouth?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine that Chuck Norris is a Trump supporter because he is brain dead.*


And just in case you didn't get the memo (again), climate is not the same as weather, and equally, weather is not the same as climate.

Any president can only prevent climate change by instituting appropriate qualitiespolicies. I don't think any of the recent presidents can be said to have done this. I don't think H. Clinton would be much different - too much in thrall to Big Oil. And Trump would certainly not be better.

So yes, a dumb attack, and pointless when there are so many entirely verifiable things you can actually attack Trump on. It would be more useful if Clinton said whatare her policies to combat climate change, and challenged Trump to offer up his.

edit because I have no idea how policies came out as qualities, I can't even use autocorrect as an axcuse as I was typing it on a PC.






*And actually dead.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's pretty fucked up how saying facts about the weather and climate is political now, but such is the force of special interests.

Why it must be those filthy academics is beyond me -- because multinational energy companies don't have any real pull with Congress?

The existence of green energy cronyism is a problem. Overstating the effects of climate change is a problem. Saying it exists is not a problem.

Stating how fast the wind is blowing isn't a conspiracy, and if it's a political outlet doing that, fuck them -- that's clearly in the realm of "Popular science." Because we live in a society where facts are debatable and doubted at the whim of multinational energy companies academics.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty fucked up how saying facts about the weather and climate is political now, but such is the force of special interests.

Why it must be those filthy academics is beyond me -- because multinational energy companies don't have any real pull with Congress?

The existence of green energy cronyism is a problem. Overstating the effects of climate change is a problem. Saying it exists is not a problem.

Stating how fast the wind is blowing isn't a conspiracy, and if it's a political outlet doing that, fuck them -- that's clearly in the realm of "Popular science." Because we live in a society where facts are debatable and doubted at the whim of multinational energy companies academics.


Well, to be fair to Drudge on this - that outlet never claimed the weather or climate was any sort of conspiracy, just that the breathless reporting and preemptive claims of massive deaths and "weeks or months without power" are all geared toward ramping up the political debate and hopefully dirtying Trump.

So if you use climate to scare people needlessly and try and portray your opponents as evil (re: climate) that's pretty reprehensible. But as the responses here in this thread and on others show - it's a valid approach because the British say it is. I'm waiting for Canada to weigh in.

You'll note - America pretty much ignored the doomsayers. Which means I still trust the so-called deplorables and low information citizens more than I do the politicians and the laughable journalists.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:


But as the responses here in this thread and on others show - it's a valid approach because the British say it is. I'm waiting for Canada to weigh in.



Personally (I am British if that makes any difference) I would much rather all climate change reporting was factual and accurate. There's no percentage in scaring people with distortions. The media are notoriously bad at reporting anything including science unfortunately. However, the actual facts are quite scary enough.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah. Not really.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Nah. Not really.


Obstinance isn't a virtue.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Nah. Not really.


I agree with you Trey. Weather can be pretty scary - tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, etc. But I've been here long enough and am well read enough to understand that climate cycles are, well, cycles. As much as the current set of reality deniers (read: AGW proponents) want to downplay it, there really were people adamantly warning us we'd all freeze to death back in the 70's. Or there'd be no food or no oil by, gosh, 20 or 30 years ago. Hell, 100 years ago there were people, scientists!, predicting global warming and heat death.

Facts are points on a graph or assembled readings or observations, etc. Sure, they're scary. But that's always been the case and people like Ed/Red are, IMHO, the best examples of narcissists because they believe that because they read some books and discovered some facts for themselves that absolutely nobody else has the intelligence to decipher those facts and so the burden falls to them to save mankind from the same shit that hasn't destroyed it for the last few hundred thousand years.

I'm pretty sure the Hildebeast and the Trumpster are both bright enough to know that. Maybe not the RSP left though, they seem to be deplorably unaware of what the facts actually mean.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
tstone wrote:
Nah. Not really.


I agree with you Trey. Weather can be pretty scary - tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, etc. But I've been here long enough and am well read enough to understand that climate cycles are, well, cycles. As much as the current set of reality deniers (read: AGW proponents) want to downplay it, there really were people adamantly warning us we'd all freeze to death back in the 70's. Or there'd be no food or no oil by, gosh, 20 or 30 years ago. Hell, 100 years ago there were people, scientists!, predicting global warming and heat death.

Facts are points on a graph or assembled readings or observations, etc. Sure, they're scary. But that's always been the case and people like Ed/Red are, IMHO, the best examples of narcissists because they believe that because they read some books and discovered some facts for themselves that absolutely nobody else has the intelligence to decipher those facts and so the burden falls to them to save mankind from the same shit that hasn't destroyed it for the last few hundred thousand years.

I'm pretty sure the Hildebeast and the Trumpster are both bright enough to know that. Maybe not the RSP left though, they seem to be deplorably unaware of what the facts actually mean.


OK, BGGers, let's play "count the strawman" statements in Tripp's response. How many did you find?

4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Weather can be pretty scary - tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, etc. But I've been here long enough and am well read enough to understand that climate cycles are, well, cycles. As much as the current set of reality deniers (read: AGW proponents) want to downplay it, there really were people adamantly warning us we'd all freeze to death back in the 70's. Or there'd be no food or no oil by, gosh, 20 or 30 years ago. Hell, 100 years ago there were people, scientists!, predicting global warming and heat death.

Facts are points on a graph or assembled readings or observations, etc. Sure, they're scary. But that's always been the case and people like Ed/Red are, IMHO, the best examples of narcissists because they believe that because they read some books and discovered some facts for themselves that absolutely nobody else has the intelligence to decipher those facts and so the burden falls to them to save mankind from the same shit that hasn't destroyed it for the last few hundred thousand years.

I'm pretty sure the Hildebeast and the Trumpster are both bright enough to know that. Maybe not the RSP left though, they seem to be deplorably unaware of what the facts actually mean.


You've been around long enough to observe climate cycles, Tripp? Awesome. Even if this just the shortest natural cycle, that means you must be hundreds of years old. You really should share the secret of this longevity.

As ever, you resort to inaccurate personal attacks rather than substance. If you think that I am a narcissist then either you are seriously deluded, don't know me at all or are ignorant of what narcissism actually means. Thinking about it, I would probably vote for all three.

Secondly, I would suggest that the person who disagrees with virtually everyone who has spent years studying an issue, and who neither seems to learn from nor even understand the arguments, is a more likely candidate for narcissism. Also, I have never said that the burden of saving humankind falls to me - this is everyone's responsibility.

Then, laughably, you suggest that I shouldn't be commenting on climate change because I have 'read some books' (we'll ignore my degree in Physics). Then, astonishingly, immediately beforehand, Tripp says that he is "well read enough" to understand the subject. So, reading a few books is good enough for you but not for me? And of course, all the scientists who've done the research, and probably read a few books along the way, know less than you do Tripp?

Are you actually stupid, intellectually dishonest or simply trolling because you can't think of a valid argument?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ed_the_Red wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Weather can be pretty scary - tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, etc. But I've been here long enough and am well read enough to understand that climate cycles are, well, cycles. As much as the current set of reality deniers (read: AGW proponents) want to downplay it, there really were people adamantly warning us we'd all freeze to death back in the 70's. Or there'd be no food or no oil by, gosh, 20 or 30 years ago. Hell, 100 years ago there were people, scientists!, predicting global warming and heat death.

Facts are points on a graph or assembled readings or observations, etc. Sure, they're scary. But that's always been the case and people like Ed/Red are, IMHO, the best examples of narcissists because they believe that because they read some books and discovered some facts for themselves that absolutely nobody else has the intelligence to decipher those facts and so the burden falls to them to save mankind from the same shit that hasn't destroyed it for the last few hundred thousand years.

I'm pretty sure the Hildebeast and the Trumpster are both bright enough to know that. Maybe not the RSP left though, they seem to be deplorably unaware of what the facts actually mean.


You've been around long enough to observe climate cycles, Tripp? Awesome. Even if this just the shortest natural cycle, that means you must be hundreds of years old. You really should share the secret of this longevity.

As ever, you resort to inaccurate personal attacks rather than substance. If you think that I am a narcissist then either you are seriously deluded, don't know me at all or are ignorant of what narcissism actually means. Thinking about it, I would probably vote for all three.

Secondly, I would suggest that the person who disagrees with virtually everyone who has spent years studying an issue, and who neither seems to learn from nor even understand the arguments, is a more likely candidate for narcissism. Also, I have never said that the burden of saving humankind falls to me - this is everyone's responsibility.

Then, laughably, you suggest that I shouldn't be commenting on climate change because I have 'read some books' (we'll ignore my degree in Physics). Then, astonishingly, immediately beforehand, Tripp says that he is "well read enough" to understand the subject. So, reading a few books is good enough for you but not for me? And of course, all the scientists who've done the research, and probably read a few books along the way, know less than you do Tripp?

Are you actually stupid, intellectually dishonest or simply trolling because you can't think of a valid argument?


Add to the growing list of faults and gross inadequacies beyond the scope of merely being British - you also fail at grammar and reading for understanding. Suffice it to say that a degree in physics no more qualifies you as an expert on climate cycles than a degree in engineering makes Bill Nye anything more than a poser and entertainer.

But yes, reading books and studying an issue is how those of us who aren't Lazarus come to understand the planet and it's climate. Your degree is meaningless and doesn't mean you somehow got more out of a book than me. I happen to think you are easily duped and tend to never leave your bubble's of safe interpretations of *facts*.

Still I do enjoy it when you have nothing in your arsenal beyond calling me a deplorable. Which makes you one as well - physics degree notwithstanding. Twat. You Brits need to fucking clear up your own abysmally corrupt political house before taking on America.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Trippy, you really can't cope can you?

1. I didn't say that I was an expert on climate cycles. Merely that my reading and your reading put us on (at the bare minimum) the same level when it comes to an ability to comment on an issue. Rather than your reading miraculously meaning that you not only out-understand me but also all the scientists who wrote the things in the first place.

Once again, you are guilty of exactly the thing you accuse others of: in this case, reading for comprehension. Or even reading for words - I didn't call you a deplorable (even if deplorable was a noun, which it isn't, as you, being an expert grammarian, know, of course). I said you were deluded - at tleast, that's the only big word I used that starts with a 'd' to describe you. So, not having called you 'a deplorable', by your logic I am therefore not a twat. What a relief!

2. You can of course think what you like about my thought processes and whether I leave the bubble of safe interpretation of facts. You'd be wrong, but you can think that if you like. Obviously I should cultivate a free-wheeling intellectual posture like yours, which dispenses with inconvenient data, ignores logic, invents spurious connections, fails to understand the contradictions in his own position, can't follow basic science, whilst at the same time being absolutely certain that you are right and that ad hominem attacks, pathetic insults and non-secutors form the basis for a rational discussion.

3. I quite agree that there is much wrong with the British political system. However, this doesn't preclude me commenting on other countries, though of course I need to be active in commenting and acting here as well. Nor am I 'taking on' America (nor, as far as I am aware, are Brits as whole). What a curiously aggressive interpretation of my remarks. Do you exhibit this level of suspicion and bile in your everyday life?

4. If you'd like to demonstrate your understanding of climate science, perhaps you could explain how the greenhouse effect works, and how it applies to the introduction of gases - especially Carbon Dioxide from burning fossil fuels - into the atmosphere?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ed_the_Red wrote:

4. If you'd like to demonstrate your understanding of climate science, perhaps you could explain how the greenhouse effect works, and how it applies to the introduction of gases - especially Carbon Dioxide from burning fossil fuels - into the atmosphere?



It's not clear to me why I would even want to do that. I started my layman's dive into the subject of climate back in the early to mid 1970's when the headlines screamed daily about a planetary ice age that would rival the last one and mostly likely a lot worse. In a world where the threat of nuclear war was real and where "Arabia" tried to bring America to it's knees with oil it was a compelling subject. plus, i needed something to do on odd days, those were the ones ending in an odd number which my car license did, allowing me to sit in line for up to 2 hours to hopefully buy gasoline.

My chief discovery was that there was the actual science -- which frankly was then and still is now very sketchy and unpredictable -- and then there was the people selling fear and anger and even in my tender 20's I knew very well that if the pro/con side of climate science (a new field, relatively) wasn't raking in huge dollars that somebody was. And it appeared to be the government trough eaters, the media and the ideology driven political factions.

So I don't blame you for not believing the data that doesn't align or confirm with your bias. not knowing when you grew up or attended school it's quite possible that you were one of the age groups that was heavily indoctrinated from the getgo to attack anything that appeared to refute the notion that all corporate aims are evil, all governments are evil except when funding the stuff you have affinity for and if anyone can be trusted it's environmentalists and groups that attach 'green' to their name.

Even people who were initially involved in some of the more sweeping climate studies (IPCC as an example) end up being routinely attacked and have endless attempts to shame them publicly if they don't heel to the Al Gore School of AGW. Which is why Hillary and anyone who uses that level of made-up fear to seek one's vote is essentially the worst sort of person imaginable. As for me, I don't fear a Trump presidency one bit and while plenty here claim to fear his platform positions not a single Trump detractor has actually linked to a position from his web site and explained what is there to be feared. The reason? Because then it would be a simple matter to spend 5 minutes on HRC's web site and one would have an 80%+ chance of finding an identical platform position.

In other words - there are no facts being offered up by HRC or her supporters (or trump haters) for the simple reason that she is close to him on so many things that Trump haters who love Hillary would be exposed as true idiots and sub par products of modern education.

I classify you in that last group because while I admit I haven't seen all your RSP offerings, what I have seen is pretty much lockstep with the denial of climate reality and the assumption that Hillary is somehow not like Trump when she is him but with a vagina and more corruption. That's the kind of person who appeals to only stupid people both here in America and abroad.

I'll leave you with one of the voices on the subject who has been involved in climate science as the highest level for decades and was involved with the initial IPCC study. but he is now publicly ridiculed and shouted down by the rabble who are too fearful to admit their own intellectual corruption and too narcissistic to imagine they could ever be wrong - after all, they have a degree on the wall.



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:

Obstinance isn't a virtue.



Has nothing to do with obstinance.

What scares you doesn't apparently scare me.

That's just the way it is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


DWTripp wrote:
I only say that because after several days of hearing nothing but how this current hurricane is coming for our children* and how it's the worst thing that's happened since, well, ever, and that if not for uncaring SUV owners the planet would be entering a peaceful and lush Kumbaya Era of tranquil coexistence with Gaia and the climate scientists - Hurricane Matthew apparently spotted Chuck Norris on the beach with his jaw jutting out, ready for action. Because it turns out so far to be just one of the regular climate events as it moves offshore.

Probably one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen from someone wanting to be president was Hillary declaring Trump unfit for office because Trump can't protect America from climate change:

Quote:
“Another threat to our country is climate change. 2015 was the hottest year on record and the science is clear: it’s real, it’s wreaking havoc on communities across America. Last week’s hurricane was another reminder of the devastation that extreme weather can cause and I send my thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by Hermine. But, this is not the last one that’s going to hit Florida given what’s happening in the climate. […] If it affects people who lose their homes or their businesses that took a lifetime to build, it doesn’t matter to him. When it comes to protecting our country against natural disasters and the threat of climate change, once again, Donald Trump is totally unfit and unqualified to be our President.”


Wow. Citation needed on that one.

Since Donald Trump believe radical climate change to be a "hoax", then it stands to reason that a President Trump would ignore the issue and not even address it in the most meaningful ways to try to curb the excesses of U.S. companies to try to deter such climate changes.

On the other hand, here's how three different Trump supporters of the Religious Far Right interpret climactical catastrophes. Notably, the last one, Dominionist pseudo-historian David Barton, is working with the Trump Campaign and has served on the 2012 and 2016 platform committees of both the Texas Republican Party and the National Republican Convention.

Like their pray-away-the-gay "solution" for homosexuality, they advocate prayer as a way to alter the course of catastrophic disasters caused by devastating weather.


> Excerpts from the October 5 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Shoebat.com Contributor Andrew Bieszad Says God Sent Hurricane Matthew To Stop Orlando Gay Pride Event

Andrew Bieszad, a contributor to Shoebat.com, the website run by anti-gay extremists Walid and Theodore Shoebat, has some thoughts about Hurricane Matthew, which is expected to strike the East Coast of the United States in the coming days: “Hurricane Matthew Is The Wrath Of God Poured Out On The Cities Of Orlando And Savannah For Supporting The Evil Sodomites.

God is sending this hurricane, Bieszad states, as “a sign of His anger” against America for tolerating homosexuality and to thwart a gay pride festival scheduled to take place in Orlando this weekend.

“You want to stop not this hurricane, but future catastrophes?” he asks. “Then stop sinning, especially with sodomy”:

Andrew Bieszad wrote:


The Bible clearly teaches that in the Old Testament whenever the Hebrews were very disobedient towards God, He would send punishments against them, many times in the forms of natural disasters. Christian history also recognizes the same, where God will use His creation to execute judgment against the wicked. While not all bad weather is necessarily a sign of sin, both sacred scripture and sacred tradition clearly note that it can be so. Now we know that Florida is an area that is infected with sin, especially cities such as Miami and Orlando, which are veritable dens of sodomy. But instead of looking at mere particularities, I thought I would ask a broader question: Is there any “homosexual” activities going on this month in either the Orlando or Savannah areas? Sure enough, I found that both Orlando and Savannah are having massive sodomite pride parades this month, especially in Orlando, which is sponsoring this very weekend as the hurricane is about to hit a massive “coming out” parade sponsored no less than with the major support of the city itself and major corporate backers … How interesting it is that Matthew is set to smash Orlando and Savannah during their Sodomite parades!

A hurricane - the storms from an evil being - named after the New Testament Evangelist whose symbol is an angel- a messenger of God and and executor of His will among and upon men- is about to make landfall on the exact area where two massive sodomite parades are taking place and almost to the day for the largest one, and the exact day the hurricane is scheduled to hit is the Feast Day of the Holiest Prayer in the Catholic Church used to fight the most wicked of sins and heresies given by the Mother of God herself.

Coincidence? You be the judge. Personally, given America’s love affair with the worst forms of perversity, it is a sign of His anger against us for our obstinate attitude towards sin and refusal to repent for our evil ways.

You want to stop not this hurricane, but future catastrophes? Then stop sinning, especially with sodomy, as it is one of the four sins in the Bible which cry out to God for vengeance, which we are seeing now.





> Excerpts from the October 5, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Brian Tashman entitled:

Self-Proclaimed "Prophet" Rabbi Jonathan Cahn Declares: "Hurricane Joaquin May Hit Washington, D.C. As Punishment For Its Support Of Gay Marriage"



It looks like Jonathan Cahn has blown another prophecy.

Over the weekend, Family Research Council President Tony Perkins interviewed Cahn about his recent speech at the FRC-hosted Values Voter Summit. Cahn, who gained Religious Right fame after predicting, unsuccessfully, that last month would be a period of chaos and turmoil, possibly culminating in a massive financial collapse or natural disaster, now says that his September doomsday prophecy actually extends all the way until September 2016.

In his interview with Perkins, Cahn pointed to Hurricane Joaquin as a sign of God’s wrath for America’s legalization of gay marriage, legal abortion, and the United Nation’s treatment of Israel, suggesting that the hurricane would strike Washington, D.C., because that’s “where the leadership is.”

However, he was careful to hedge his bets, saying that his point stands “whatever happens, whether it peters out or not.”

He said that the name Joaquin is based on the name of the evil king Jehoiakim, and could be a sign that God knows that American leaders have “crossed a gigantic line” and “overruled the word of God massively” when they “legalized the killing of the unborn in 1973 and now we have the striking down of marriage.” Cahn said that the White House’s decision to celebrate LGBT pride month with rainbow lights was another “act of desecration” that will “provoke judgment.”

Perkins agreed, saying that while “those on the left like to mock these things,” American leaders throughout history have viewed hurricanes as signs that “God is trying to send us a message.”

In the end, Hurricane Joaquin did not hit Washington, D.C.



> Excerpts from the October 3, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Dominionist Pseudo-Historian David Barton of Wallbuilders Declares: "Natural Disasters And Terrorism Are The Result Of Bad Public Policy"





On Friday, right-wing activist and pseudo-historian David Barton delivered a series of presentations at Charis Bible College in Colorado, where he has established a "School of Practical Government" designed to train conservative Christian activists to take control of government in order to implement biblical public policies.

During his opening session, Barton told the students that bad weather, natural disasters and terrorist attacks in America are all rooted in our bad public policies and insufficient support for Israel.

"God looks at public policies and says, 'That's not good, I can't bless that; that's good, I can bless that,'" Barton declared. "So it's by public policies, how they conform to His standards" that this nation receives either the blessings or curses of God.

Citing a passage from the Bible in which the prophet Elijah confronts Ahab and Jezebel, Barton said that even the weather is affected by bad public policies.

"If you want to do a study of weather in the Bible, you will see how often good weather is attached to righteousness, bad weather is attached to unrighteousness," Barton said. "You find example after example in the Scriptures, whether it's drought or flood or famine, whether it's rain or hail or fire, there's just all these examples of that. Now, do we believe that today? I don't know, but it's in the Bible ... What if the weather is dependent on what we do? Maybe we do a really lousy job of handling the weather."

Barton then asked the audience if they knew what "the 10 costliest events in U.S. insurance history, ... three of the four largest tornado outbreaks in U.S. history" and "the two largest terrorism events U.S. history" all had in common.

"The answer is," he revealed, "they all occurred within just days after after America took a stand against Israel and told Israel she needs to give up her land ... Whenever we take a bad stand toward Israel, we seem to have a natural disaster that happens."



Other Suggested Reading Via Clickable News Links

Dominionist Pseudo-Historian David Barton Declares: "Christians Who Refuse To Vote For Donald Trump Will Have To Answer To God"


Dominionist Pseudo-Historian David Barton Declares: "Donald Trump Doesn't Have To Be Deep On The Issues Because He's a Businessman"



David Barton Narrows Down The Five Commandments For Conservative Christian Voters


David Barton Says Donald Trump's Campaign "Definitely Has Reached Out" To Him



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Obstinance isn't a virtue.



Has nothing to do with obstinance.

What scares you doesn't apparently scare me.

That's just the way it is.


That's a hard one for the AGW zealot to deal with. In the deranged mind of the zealots there is only one proper and correct way of thinking - all else is some form of denial and/or stupidity. Which is pretty much exactly what the RSP libtards make fun of wrt Christians... but never Muslims because we all know that could end badly. So they fear Muslims but not Christians and they fear the specter of AGW but not the idea that a rogue meteor no larger than a city block that could destroy us all in a matter of a day or two.

Locating and intercepting a rogue meteor is well within the current level of technology and is affordable. Not so much with Climate Change due to the fact that nobody has successfully predicted what will change, when, for how long and if it will even be dangerous in the long/short run. I'm going to be pretty pissed if my days end huddled with my family as the gathering sulfurous clouds of the aftermath of that meteor strike consume us when all we had to do was budget it and build the tech to safeguard against it... but we spent the money on failed solar companies in the Mohave.

Back in my 20's when I enjoyed competing on an amateur level with motorcycles I was having dinner with friends from LA and several were impressed that I appeared to not fear death from a crash. One of my buddies was a bit put out by all the attention so he changed the subject repeatedly to his dabbling with sky diving. At one point he challenged me when I stated clearly I wasn't interested in going with him to sky dive. he kept saying I was too afraid. Which was wrong and I explained to him that there is nothing to fear from something that will never threaten you. Dying in a sky diving accident was never going to threaten me because I was never going to do it. The same principle applies to my worries when I go camping. I don't fear lion or rhino attacks because I live where there aren't any. I fear ticks and bears.

Hillary is selling fear to the stupid and the sheep who fear being wrong more than any single thing on the planet. We are not going to die from heat and even the IPCC knows that. The ice caps won't melt in a few days and drown people who stupidly voted for Hillary because they are too stupid to start their cars and leave.

None of the threats of climate change to our survival are very detailed because they aren't actual threats. Man may have had an effect on the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere but that doesn't mean we are suddenly, as a planet, at risk of imminent destruction.

Unless you like Hillary. Then anything but reality is possible.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
So DWTripp is the kind of guy that when told shooting off fireworks might burn down the entire city, decides to shoot them off anyway because it will probably only burn down his neighbor's house, and he doesn't like that dude anyway.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
tstone wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Obstinance isn't a virtue.



Has nothing to do with obstinance.

What scares you doesn't apparently scare me.

That's just the way it is.


That's a hard one for the AGW zealot to deal with. In the deranged mind of the zealots there is only one proper and correct way of thinking - all else is some form of denial and/or stupidity. Which is pretty much exactly what the RSP libtards make fun of wrt Christians... but never Muslims because we all know that could end badly. So they fear Muslims but not Christians and they fear the specter of AGW but not the idea that a rogue meteor no larger than a city block that could destroy us all in a matter of a day or two.

Locating and intercepting a rogue meteor is well within the current level of technology and is affordable. Not so much with Climate Change due to the fact that nobody has successfully predicted what will change, when, for how long and if it will even be dangerous in the long/short run. I'm going to be pretty pissed if my days end huddled with my family as the gathering sulfurous clouds of the aftermath of that meteor strike consume us when all we had to do was budget it and build the tech to safeguard against it... but we spent the money on failed solar companies in the Mohave.

Back in my 20's when I enjoyed competing on an amateur level with motorcycles I was having dinner with friends from LA and several were impressed that I appeared to not fear death from a crash. One of my buddies was a bit put out by all the attention so he changed the subject repeatedly to his dabbling with sky diving. At one point he challenged me when I stated clearly I wasn't interested in going with him to sky dive. he kept saying I was too afraid. Which was wrong and I explained to him that there is nothing to fear from something that will never threaten you. Dying in a sky diving accident was never going to threaten me because I was never going to do it. The same principle applies to my worries when I go camping. I don't fear lion or rhino attacks because I live where there aren't any. I fear ticks and bears.

Hillary is selling fear to the stupid and the sheep who fear being wrong more than any single thing on the planet. We are not going to die from heat and even the IPCC knows that. The ice caps won't melt in a few days and drown people who stupidly voted for Hillary because they are too stupid to start their cars and leave.

None of the threats of climate change to our survival are very detailed because they aren't actual threats. Man may have had an effect on the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere but that doesn't mean we are suddenly, as a planet, at risk of imminent destruction.

Unless you like Hillary. Then anything but reality is possible.

For a guy who pretends to be erudite you are not the best at argument are you? You obviously realise that because you cover the flaws with ad hominims and straw men. Nobody is saying that the ice caps are going to melt tomorrow or that the planet is at risk of imminent destruction. What they are saying is that over timescales in which you will be dead the earth will on average be a less comfortable place. Less food will be available and the are of land available will be lowered by sea level rises and desertification. This will have profound effects in poorer countries which might cause conflicts and refugees.
Further, they are saying that we can mitigate these effects with action now.
The fact that this is controversial in the US only goes to show how much special interests control the political process in the US.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:



For a guy who pretends to be erudite you are not the best at argument are you? You obviously realise that because you cover the flaws with ad hominims and straw men. Nobody is saying that the ice caps are going to melt tomorrow or that the planet is at risk of imminent destruction. What they are saying is that over timescales in which you will be dead the earth will on average be a less comfortable place. Less food will be available and the are of land available will be lowered by sea level rises and desertification. This will have profound effects in poorer countries which might cause conflicts and refugees.
Further, they are saying that we can mitigate these effects with action now.
The fact that this is controversial in the US only goes to show how much special interests control the political process in the US.


Are you some sort of fucking Asperger guy or something? Have you ever, in your entire life, had a single conversation where you didn't attack someone because you took everything totally literal? Do you walk on the balls of your feet? Have problems relating with humans?

Idiot.

Why should I believe you? The IPCC says you are full of shit. What qualifies you as more expert than the guy in the video or hundreds like him? Other than the fact that you believe that somehow the planet will be less comfortable (your word) what are your qualifications for telling me I don't have a clue? Contrast them with the guy in the video.

Plus, while you're at it, inform me of the specific manner this discomfort will take and when it might happen and exactly how spending 5-10 Trillion now will specifically cause this discomfort from occurring in whatever 3rd world nations you are concerned about. You're like the rest of the dumb fucks in here - you have no clue, can't isolate anything like a time frame or event and yet you call me uninformed. We're all informed dumb ass, it's not information that's the problem.

Fuck. Such stupid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Chuck Norris must be a Trump *athleticsupporter* ~
surprise Holy crap! J C now had them 'Shoebats' along, going up against A-L-L them "Moonbats" of his`s'ns!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
There were no snl skits in that video I was very sad.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:




The video would be more appropriately titled, "Climate change: What does this one scientist say?" Lindzen is a loner in a sea of climate scientists that disagree with him. I wonder what Lindzen's peers have to say about his research?

An April 30, 2012 article in The New York Times included the comments of several other experts. Christopher S. Bretherton, an atmospheric researcher at the University of Washington, said Lindzen is "feeding upon an audience that wants to hear a certain message, and wants to hear it put forth by people with enough scientific reputation that it can be sustained for a while, even if it's wrong science. <-- Tripp, he means people like you.

I don't think it's intellectually honest at all." Kerry A. Emanuel, another M.I.T. scientist, said of Lindzen's views "Even if there were no political implications, it just seems deeply unprofessional and irresponsible to look at this and say, 'We're sure it's not a problem.' It's a special kind of risk, because it's a risk to the collective civilization."

A 1996 article in The New York Times included the comments of several other experts. Jerry D. Mahlman, director of the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, did not accept Lindzen's assessment of the science, and said that Lindzen had "sacrificed his luminosity by taking a stand that most of us feel is scientifically unsound." Mahlman did, however, admit that Lindzen was a "formidable opponent". William Gray of Colorado State University basically agreed with Lindzen, describing him as "courageous". He said, "A lot of my older colleagues are very skeptical on the global warming thing". He added that while he regarded some of Lindzen's views as flawed, he said that, "across the board he's generally very good". John Wallace of the University of Washington agreed with Lindzen that progress in climate change science had been exaggerated, but said there are "relatively few scientists who are as skeptical of the whole thing as Dick [Lindzen] is".

The November 10, 2004 online version of Reason magazine reported that Lindzen is "willing to take bets that global average temperatures in 20 years will in fact be lower than they are now". However, on June 8, 2005 they reported that Lindzen insisted that he had been misquoted, after James Annan contacted Lindzen to make the bet but claimed that "Lindzen would take only 50 to 1 odds". (I wonder why Lindzen wanted 50 to 1 odds on that bet? You know, because he's sure the climate isn't warming. Not sure enough to put even money on it though.)

The Guardian reported in June 2016 that Lindzen has been a beneficiary of Peabody Energy, a coal company that has funded multiple groups contesting the climate consensus. (Nothing to see here folks. Move along now. We all know the coal industry is just as concerned about global warming as anyone.)
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:


The video would be more appropriately titled, "Climate change: What does this one scientist say?" Lindzen is a loner in a sea of climate scientists that disagree with him. I wonder what Lindzen's peers have to say about his research?




It's like your access to the internet only provides you with confirmation bias. Don't be an idiot, please, I like your avatar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_th...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
This here aught contain the imagery of Chuck Norris within "Dodgeball" depicting HIM giving: thumbsupcool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.