16 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » News

Subject: Black Fortress Released rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
The pdf for the Black Fortress missions is now available for download from Mantic Digital. It is under the Adventurer's Pass in your library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Missions are all pretty much tough timers. Also they seem to have again failed to read the document in completion with multiple missions saying to do something on X's when Z's are on the map. There is also a note about how Hero positions are not assigned but every position has a silhouette like normal. Forgot to tell you to use Legendary side of cards for one mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow so it's full of errors eh? Nice to see Mantic hired the same proof-reader that they had for the AC. whistle

Makes me feel very glad I cut my losses and sold off my Black Fortress tiles months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
The errors are at least minor enough that you can figure it out. But it does not show any care in delivering. More like just get it done so we can say it is done.

I cannot comment on whether having the black fortress tiles are required as I did not get them. Most of the maps look like if you did not care to much about uniform appearence you could make them. One looks like it uses a ton of little pieces which might be hard to come by from just the core set and Return to Valandor.

You also need Warlord to play as it uses more Orks/Goblins than the Green Rage booster and the Overlord Cards and it uses the critter pack. I think I am like a bat swarm short of fielding that out the my Bones. I will have to look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thompson

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, going to head out and back Star Saga now!! They obviously are showing they are improving!

oh. . .

wait. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thompson

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stretch goal shrunk to every $5k. Desperation on this one. Luckily for them there is a sucker born every second. . . You know the same ones who will back the next Funforge project too !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
US user, and I don't see it in My Library nor available for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the last item under the Adventurer's Pass pull-down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was in the Adventurer's Pass folder
Spider Jerusalem is God
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost interest in the game months ago - soon after I lost trust in the designer and in Mantic.
Still I downloaded the pdf because I read the news about it and wanted to complete the bundle before selling it.

However I don't remember where this Black Fortress adventure pack is coming from... Was it part of the Black Fortress Tiles Add-on?

I don't have rats, bats, spiders... Am I supposed to have them?

(I pledged for the Basic Pledge + Infernal Crypts, Warlord of Galahir, Tyrant of Halpi and the Black Fortress add ons.)

What about the overlord panel? Shouldn't it come with the Pack?

If not, where are those creatures stats, in the AC (please don't ask me to open that awful thing one more time)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
The stats for critters are in the AC. But if you lost interest in the game anyway then theres no reason to open the AC.
Even if you wanted to play a game or two before you sell it, just play the basegame quests... they are fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Critters were an add on but it should be noted that delivery was totally messed up on those. You were essentially just as likely to get them when you did not than if you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this download only available if you ordered the Black Fortress pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P S
msg tools
mbmb
Nope. At least I didnt choose the pack and still got the download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyr13 wrote:

Which makes a bit of a mockery of those that unwittingly did buy the Black Fortress pack

(of which I am one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyr13 wrote:

Interesting. I couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.