Subject: Any reason this forum is so dead? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lopez
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KickStarter for this game ends in a few hours. I'm still leaning toward waiting for retail, although I am very interested in the game. I kickstarted Yokohama, but got a funky vibe from the whole experience, and I'm just not sure here.

I'm open to persuasion though. Any reason I should go in now? And if so, someone please try talking me into the deluxe edition. I just can't seem to justify it right now.

Mostly, I'm just surprised there isn't more activity on the forum and am looking to start a conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The game definitely looks interesting. Fact is that there are too many KS games that look good. I don't have deep pockets and Back every interesting game on KS.

I'm dreading KS and I definitely hate KS exclusive content. Most exclusive KS perks are enticing but I can't justify backing or even getting a game that have them just for the backers.

Case and point for Anachrony. I'm interested and the miniatures themselves are a must. Bottom line is that unless you're a backer, you'd have to pay and additional cost ($30-40 I believe) to get them. Plus they are of limited supply. I could be wrong on this.

I digress. Ranting a bit maybe. Chimera station is very interesting yet I don't have the funds.

About Chimera station though. Love the fact that you can 'splice' your meeples that have different powers. Seems the game has tons of re-play value based on the variety of different strategies on how you use your meeples.

Hope this helps on some aspect of discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why some games don't get an active forum lol

Anyways, if enough people were to get on deluxe now, the expansion would be really nice to have. Otherwise, it's just metal coins and silk screened food. I debated waiting for retail, but I like TMG and I think the game will be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love worker placement games where workers get different powers.

It was cool in Belfort, even better in Archon: Glory & Machination, and out of the park amazing in Argent: The Consortium.

I was excited at the idea of this mechanism, but the art sensibility is so inverse to my taste, that I can't handle it. It's like midway between cute and gross which to my eye comes out looking sloppy and inconsistent. I know some people like this art style, and that's fine. I mean, there are people who like the art in Sentinels of the Multiverse too. Those people have a right to like the art they like.

In the case of Chimera Station, they started to lose me when I saw the worker's "brain" chestpiece (doesn't look like brains?)... I thought at that point that it was just going to be a little sloppy, but it would be ignorable. Then when the KS video was panning across the cards and I saw the art/graphic design there, I knew this was too much for me to ignore so that I could enjoy the mechanisms.

Again though, that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kēvin Zoren
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
@!#?@!
badge
Ehrmahgahd! Berd gahms!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they cutesy art may have thrown some people off with this game, leading them to think it was less involved. I also think the initial stumble with the component upgrades for the premium edition backers didn't help much. That said, I stuck with my deluxe pledge and am happy I did, it looks like a good time.

As for the kickstarter exclusive content complaint that always seems to come up.. I can see it more when that content has a serious effect on gameplay like extra characters or mutations. With Chimera Station, we're just talking bling (coins and wooden pieces)- my opinion is that upgraded components are a perfectly justifiable thing to provide people who jump on the train early, pay full cost to the content publisher and help the game happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
I love worker placement games where workers get different powers.

It was cool in Belfort, even better in Archon: Glory & Machination, and out of the park amazing in Argent: The Consortium.

I was excited at the idea of this mechanism, but the art sensibility is so inverse to my taste, that I can't handle it. It's like midway between cute and gross which to my eye comes out looking sloppy and inconsistent. I know some people like this art style, and that's fine. I mean, there are people who like the art in Sentinels of the Multiverse too. Those people have a right to like the art they like.

In the case of Chimera Station, they started to lose me when I saw the worker's "brain" chestpiece (doesn't look like brains?)... I thought at that point that it was just going to be a little sloppy, but it would be ignorable. Then when the KS video was panning across the cards and I saw the art/graphic design there, I knew this was too much for me to ignore so that I could enjoy the mechanisms.

Again though, that's just me.

I will add in contrast that I love the art and theme (and the little workers) which is something that sold me on it lol.

And sotm art is gross haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perhaps it is due to the publisher not putting in any effort into this BGG page. The description for the game is 2 sentences long. There are 2 photos up and they are the same photo. The type and family categories have nothing listed. Just sloppy PR IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.