Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Those portals will not be closed! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nonoyo Bidniss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just picked up the base set this week. 21 plays using the Dark City Advanced Solo rules so far...

All was going swimmingly until I ran into the following:

Scheme and bad guys
Portals to the Dark Dimension
Loki
Hand Ninjas
Brotherhood

Heros
Rogue, Storm, Thor

I've played this setup 13 times now. It's got to the point that I just keep the cards for this setup in its own deck box. I'm averaging 8.3 points, and I've beaten 3 of Loki's 4 cards 6 times, but I can't seem to win. On the last couple or three goes I've even gone so far as to make sure that the final scheme twist is the last card in the deck (I should hang my head in shame, I know) and I've maddeningly lost on the last turn every time, twice after dealing myself enough fight to defeat Loki for the fourth time.

Not sure whether any strategies would be likely to help me. I just wanted to vent.

Love the game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Last-Twist Schemes are troublesome, and I never did like them. Hrm.

Covert cards, especially and because of Energy Drain, looks like a big priority in this setup.

Are you remembering to put a Hero card from the HQ on the bottom of the Hero Deck when the (Scheme Twist? or is it Master Strike?) gets played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This scheme ends quicker than some, which could make it tricky. I'm not sure there's any one strategy that's obvious. I'd think you'd want to recruit a couple Strength cards in the first two turns to avoid getting any wounds from Loki's Master Strike, say one or two "Odinson" cards or Rogue's "Borrowed Brawn". If there aren't any strength cards in the opening HQ flop, I would probably go for Rogue's "Energy Drain" so that you can KO the wounds and starter cards, but Rogue's the only Covert hero of the three, so that could be dangerous if there aren't enough Covert cards to recruit. If you see "God of Thunder" in the HQ during the first 3-4 turns, I could see going heavy recruit, especially if there are a decent number of Storm's "Gathering Stormclouds" in the HQ also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I have a similar problem when playing "Save Humanity" solo. It seems like I get maybe five or six turns before 4 bystanders are KO'ed. I have not beat it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.