Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarandongo
United States
MADISON
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two days ago I found a copy of Taluva on Ebay at a reasonable price. Today the game is on sale at Coolstuff, so I got a second copy.
I haven't played it but I've read the reviews for this variant. Since it has been a few months since the last post about this topic I'd like to know what you think about Double Taluva:

How long does it take for 2 players?

Does it feel repetitive?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Drawing a blank... What is CC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarandongo
United States
MADISON
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not feel repetative and it is awesome. It takes twice as long as normal Taluva. So with two players it would be 30-40 minutes instead of 15-20. Usually at the lower end of that time scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, double Taluva is fun when you want to play a longer version. Sometimes we play the standard version, but sometimes want to play the double one.

We found that doubling it slightly changes the dynamic, making it much easier for a player to use up all their huts than in the standard game. We addressed this with a house rule - instead of just doubling the number of tiles per player (normally twelve), we removed one tile per player from the doubled set (thus eleven tiles per player). This slight change seems to return the dynamic to that of the standard game (or pretty close, anyway).

Of course, you might want the altered dynamic of the double tiles, so don't worry about the above!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarandongo
United States
MADISON
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your responses! I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.