Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK

My daughter is a 25year old who has some significant autism challenges. She is verbal and visual, but math challenged and is a very "direct line thinker"

She REALLY enjoys Clue.. challenges her well, and she can sometimes win.

She ALSO is a Castle and Rizzoli & Isles TV series addict, and has most of those on DVD and will watch and rewatch ...

So, she has asked me for some "cop games" to try out, that are about as challenging as Clue is.. and ideally with a "TV show vibe"

I THINK she would do ok with Mr Jack.. but I can also say that Hanabi pretty much causes her to auto lose.

I saw the Castle Card game here on BGG, and while she might like it, I am not sure we have access to it easily.

I live in central ohio, and have access to the CABS library, so I am ideally hoping to get a list of title and take it there to check out the games with her.

2 player would be good.. 4 max.. she copes poorly with "strangers"

-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
What parts of Clue does she like? The deduction?

Maybe Letters from Whitechapel? It is police themed, pure deduction, and works very well 2 player.

Mr. Jack is excellent. Whether or not either of the above are a good match for your daughter is kind of hard to say. I guess it really depends what she likes about Clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be a little complex but its right up her alley, themewise:

Police Precinct

You could always modify it with a simpler rule set and introduce new rules as she gets more comfortable with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it meets your requirements, but there is NCIS: The Board Game. I mention it because my wife who loves Castle also loves NCIS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She is not a NCIS person, don't really know why.

Letters from Whitechapel sounds interesting.. how complex is it?

What she likes about Clue and TV mysteries, might be the "guaranteed solution" .. the journey might be more important to her than winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
Letters from Whitechapel isn't overtly complex, although the player running the police has a bit more to micro-manage than the player playing Jack.

Basically, Jack moves around in secret killing people and the police move around looking for clues to his whereabouts / hideout.

This video seems like a pretty good summary. In the 2 player game, one player controls all of the police:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMFjAjLRiyQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An older game, but think it fits: Stop Thief

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
nyem24 wrote:
This might be a little complex but its right up her alley, themewise:

Police Precinct

You could always modify it with a simpler rule set and introduce new rules as she gets more comfortable with the game.

Just played this one recently for the first time and actually it looks a lot more complicated than it is. Sure there are a lot of bits and pieces to setup at the start, and that you have to track during the game, but the game itself flows pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.