5 Posts

Imperium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Maintenance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dreamteam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So do disrupted ships surviving at the end of a war automatically become un-disrupted at the beginning of the next war, or do they stay disrupted? This doesn't seem to be covered in the Peacetime Attrition rules. I've always played that they auto-revert to un-disrupted.

By strict reading of Recovering from Disruption rule, it would infer that the player must pay the disruption-recovery fee from their budget during peacetime (since all starships are recalled to the homeworld, where they would be subsequently subjected to the obligatory civilized maintenance).

However, since Marc Miller seems to have later ruled that maintenance is never performed on the 1st turn of any war, this would give the player the opportunity to move any (previously) disrupted ships on turn 1 to an OP, where they would then be subjected to frontier maintenance on subsequent turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe that you have described the situation as most people understand it. When I was playing, we did not know about that Marc Miller statement (maybe because it had not yet been said), and I think I prefer it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a fast note. What you are asking about is covered in two paragraphs quoted here after of the War and Peace section of the rules book.
First quote:
Quote:
Repatriation of Forces: All troop and Ship forces (except monitors and planetary defenses) are repatriated. They are immediately returned to the owning player's homeworld. Their current position has no immediate importance in this procedure. Any worlds or outposts which are neutralized at this point reamin neutralized.
Second quote:
Quote:
Redistribution of Forces: All forces except monitors may be redistributed by both sides prior the start of hostilities. They may be placed in any system containing a friendly world or outpost marker. The winner of the war set up first.
All forces automatically begin the new game in an undisrupted state.

Then, on Dragon #20 appeared a page of Imperium Rules Clarifications. In them, on maintenance, were said the following things:
Quote:
Maintenance: Almost as hard on anyone’s forces as combat is maintenance and the requirements thereof. This aspect of the game was inserted to catch the feel of the economic drain of war, and it does so nicely. Maintenance must be performed, or ships just dry up and become almost useless. More specifically, ships sent off in support of a civil war must be fully operational when they leave (though maintenance is assumed to be ongoing without charge while they are away). Similarly, ships which the Emperor grants or loans must be maintained while they are present, and when they must leave, they must be fully operational.

I think this will help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreamteam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, that clears things up. I must have missed that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamteam wrote:
Thanks, that clears things up. I must have missed that rule.

Not a problem, the important is that you enjoy the game. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.