$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 102.2

6,443 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Oker Chen
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Re: Special encounters. Say you have the Yog Sothoth special encounter that you can draw when you encounter a gate. Normally you'd draw an other world encounter. Would the special encounter count as an other world encounter? So for instance, does the Urban Guide apply to this special encounter when he doesn't apply in other world encounters? Same for things like Rumours that have their own test that replaces another type of encounter (ie: test obs instead of resolving an other world encounter)

2) Re: Moving encounter tokens. Say you have an investigator A on the Amazon with the expedition token. Say another investigator B is on the the Himalayas. During the encounter phase, the Amazon expedition gets resolved and the next card is the Himalayas. Can both investigator A and B resolve expedition encounters?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As in most things in this game, you just do what the game tells you to. So if nothing tells you to use the Special Encounters deck then you don't use it. You do however use it when told to - by a Mystery.

If you are on the location of the Expedition Token when it is your turn for an Encounter you can have an Expedition Encounter. Sorted?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anavrinn wrote:
1) Re: Special encounters. Say you have the Yog Sothoth special encounter that you can draw when you encounter a gate. Normally you'd draw an other world encounter. Would the special encounter count as an other world encounter?

No, it counts as a Yog-Sothoth special encounter. The urban guide helps you, assuming the gate is on a city.

Quote:
Same for things like Rumours that have their own test that replaces another type of encounter (ie: test obs instead of resolving an other world encounter)

I didn't quite follow your thread of thought. If you encounter a rumor, that's what you encounter. You don't do anything with gates, regular encounters, or expedition encounters unless, for some reason, the Rumor tells you to do so.

Quote:
2) Re: Moving encounter tokens. Say you have an investigator A on the Amazon with the expedition token. Say another investigator B is on the the Himalayas. During the encounter phase, the Amazon expedition gets resolved and the next card is the Himalayas. Can both investigator A and B resolve expedition encounters?

Yes. It rarely happens because most people don't hike into the middle of nowhere for no reason at all, you have to get lucky to have the expedition move to where you are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.