Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the "End of the game" scoring example (and a couple other very specific references in the rule book), it appears the number in the top left corner of buildings and techniques is VP at end game.

I've really looked and can't find that explicitly stated, but since apparently nobody else asked here...maybe I've just missed it? Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
Not quite. The number in the left corner is the value of buildings. It is the MAXIMUM value of the techniques, if you fulfil the conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 6 under "End of the game"it states "victory points indicated on buildings present in their neighbourhood".

Now it doesn't specifically say "at the top left corner" however, the font, colour and style of victory points numbers on cards throughout the game and board are all consistent. If it hasn't been asked, its because it's been understood as that. I would call that good graphic design. Without spelling it out, I'm guessing most players quickly understood that's what they are.

Also there are other examples and references like you mention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate Dorward wrote:
Not quite. The number in the left corner is the value of buildings. It is the MAXIMUM value of the techniques, if you fulfil the conditions.

Actually, it is the victory points those buildings score at end of the game. See my above post. However, you're right about techniques.

EDIT: so maybe not as easily understood as per the post above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, looking at the cards themselves instead of just the rules, I can makes out the very faint wreaths. Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Techniques, I figured out that 7 points were the maximum because each card says "7 max".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.