Subject: The rules said to draw a card... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mb
The first rule was "Draw a card" so I did. This was hand drawn with a marker and pencils on both sides of a vellum card:

Not for a project, just a one-off doodle. But I thought you guys would like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Oh, yea. Just casually doodling away. whistle
I do stuff like that all the time. shake
What was that 90s catch phrase?--NOT!

So, if you get the urge to doodle 51 or so more of those and need to get rid of all that doodling, I could save you the tipping fees for all that paper.

Somewhat awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Glass
msg tools
designer
publisher
I really like the design on the card back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mb
Humans on back
lostagegames wrote:

It is hard to find a card back design that is obviously a card, but does not have human image involved. If you look at your own decks at home, you'll find all of them have a person or humanoid creature on the back. I didn't want one on mine. But it still has a definite "cardiness" to it. If you saw the back, you'd expect it to be a regular card.

And it took much longer to draw the back than the front! So there is no chance I'll do 51 more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
professorguy wrote:
lostagegames wrote:

It is hard to find a card back design that is obviously a card, but does not have human image involved. If you look at your own decks at home, you'll find all of them have a person or humanoid creature on the back. I didn't want one on mine. But it still has a definite "cardiness" to it. If you saw the back, you'd expect it to be a regular card.

And it took much longer to draw the back than the front! So there is no chance I'll do 51 more.

Deckbuilders must take such a long time with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is she so sad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Why is she so sad?

She grew up wanting to be the Queen of Diamonds, but she ended up the Queen of Clubs. That'd make anyone sad.

Seriously: originally she had outlined eyes with no filled color, but she looked a little vacant and lifeless. When I colored her eyes black (she's a black card after all), she did become a little forlorn. I guess I should have tried blue eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
professorguy wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:
Why is she so sad?

She grew up wanting to be the Queen of Diamonds, but she ended up the Queen of Clubs. That'd make anyone sad.

Seriously: originally she had outlined eyes with no filled color, but she looked a little vacant and lifeless. When I colored her eyes black (she's a black card after all), she did become a little forlorn. I guess I should have tried blue eyes.

I don't read eyes well (meaning: at all). I was just looking at her frown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.