Popular Tags: [View All]
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
As a resident Hoosier, Mike Pence would do himself and the rest of America a big favor to take this opportunity to cut ties with this train wreck.

Also, Mike Pence, don't settle in Bloomington, I have several friends in the food services trade who will serve your food with a side of taint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
As a resident Hoosier, Mike Pence would do himself and the rest of America a big favor to take this opportunity to cut ties with this train wreck.

Pence knew what he was signing on for. The entire Republican party knew who Donald Trump was a long time ago.

There's been any number of truly horrible things Donald Trump has said in the past six months that the GOP has glossed over or simply pretended didn't happen - or, at best, say "that's bad" and then skip the part where being bad has consequences. The difference is that up until this point they've mostly been about minorities or liberals. The GOP thinks it can win without minorities or liberals - but they know they still need a healthy share of white women to have a shot at victory, and that's why the knives have come out now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

mightygodking wrote:
CrankyPants wrote:

Pence knew what he was signing on for. The entire Republican party knew who Donald Trump was a long time ago.

There's been any number of truly horrible things Donald Trump has said in the past six months that the GOP has glossed over or simply pretended didn't happen - or, at best, say "That's bad" and then skip the part where being bad has consequences. The difference is that up until this point they've mostly been about minorities or liberals. The GOP thinks it can win without minorities or liberals - but they know they still need a healthy share of white women to have a shot at victory, and that's why the knives have come out now.

Are you under the impression that the horrible religio-political things that Mike Pence has said about and politically done to both women and LGBT folks over the past 25 years is any less egregious than what Trump has said?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we saying Pence is worse then Trump, or that the only way to save his (and his parties) future is fro him to be untainted by Trumps brand of "haw-haw, dammit-get-out-of-my-way" variety politics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

slatersteven wrote:
Are we saying Pence is worse then Trump, or that the only way to save his (and his parties) future is fro him to be untainted by Trumps brand of "haw-haw, dammit-get-out-of-my-way" variety politics?

Since Pence is a Dominionist, naturally, he's just another threat of a different variety but all the more potentially disastrous as Trump along different lines and in many different ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

I'll say it, YES HE IS.

Trump would be a 4 year nothing-burger. Most likely bending like a stalk of wheat to "make a deal" with congress.

Pence would go out of his way to put theocrats on the SCOTUS and every other court appointment. Knuckle dragging the courts towards of all sort of theocraptic nonsense.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2016/08/17/trump_s_...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/15/mike-pence-...

All this and he loves cigarettes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, this is Pence's best chance.

His RFRA was supposed to catapult him to the Repub nomination, and it was such a train wreck that it blew him out of the water before he left dock. He went from a political non entity to "one heart beat away" from the top job. He'll ride that train over cliff to the bottom again.

And his debate performance and mild distaste for Trump policies may give a better shot in four years. By then Hillary will have appointed all the Supremes and enacted her godless laws and Pence will have something to rail against.

Leave now and he's gone and forgotten by the next election cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

mightygodking wrote:
CrankyPants wrote:

There's been any number of truly horrible things Donald Trump has said in the past six months that the GOP has glossed over or simply pretended didn't happen - or, at best, say "That's bad" and then skip the part where being bad has consequences. The difference is that up until this point they've mostly been about minorities or liberals. The GOP thinks it can win without minorities or liberals - but they know they still need a healthy share of white women to have a shot at victory, and that's why the knives have come out now.

Are you under the impression that the horrible religio-political things that Mike Pence has said about and politically done to both women and LGBT folks over the past 25 years is any less egregious than what Trump has said?

No. My point was that Pence is a turd of a human being, and that's a good part of why he's Trump's VP candidate, and you can't "cut ties" with the Donald after he says one bad thing when he's already said hundreds of bad things and you pretended he didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Mike Pence should resign as VP Nominee & Go to JAIL!
wow PUT him "behind bars" so he then LEARNS upon the 'differences' regarding the criminally GUILTY-(him), and them WRONGEDAWRY 'convicted innocent'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To retain any credibility he has to.

If he doesn't and this goes even more south that it already has, he will never be able to wash off the stink. He has 2020 to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.