Subject: Glyphs and Ice; Also Ice & Water Portal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a glyph in my Scrying Chamber. The doors are opposite one another, so I would slide right through. Does my character have quick enough reflexes to pick up the glyph on his tumble through the room?

Also, end game, I ended up drawing the Absolute Zero card. One of the rooms drawn was the room containing the water portal. This room had long been flooded and so had 2 water tokens in it, which then turned to ice. What happens to the water portal at that time? Does it become inactive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
briezee wrote:
I have a glyph in my Scrying Chamber. The doors are opposite one another, so I would slide right through. Does my character have quick enough reflexes to pick up the glyph on his tumble through the room?

Also, end game, I ended up drawing the Absolute Zero card. One of the rooms drawn was the room containing the water portal. This room had long been flooded and so had 2 water tokens in it, which then turned to ice. What happens to the water portal at that time? Does it become inactive?

If you slide through a room you are not able to use a room action in that room.

Don't think I've encountered the Absolute zero card, is it a disaster card?
What does it say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
briezee wrote:

What does it say?

Bummer on the first...it was the only accessible glyph for several turns.

Absolute Zero: Level 3 Disaster Card: Select six random rooms. Remove any fire tokens in or adjoining these rooms and then place and ice token into each of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
briezee wrote:
Nusferatu wrote:
briezee wrote:

What does it say?

Bummer on the first...it was the only accessible glyph for several turns.

Absolute Zero: Level 3 Disaster Card: Select six random rooms. Remove any fire tokens in or adjoining these rooms and then place and ice token into each of them.

So if you now have 2 ice in the room with the water portal and the water portal activates the portal would add a water token to the room which would then be changed to an ice token according to the rules; "An ice token removes all water tokens in the room and replaces them with an equal number of ice tokens."
Then since there are now 3 ice tokens in the room one would be removed according to the rules; "If a room contains more than two ice tokens,
remove the excess ice tokens."

Look up threat interaction in the Grimoire.

There is one way you could get inside a room with 1 ice token without sliding through it in your situation and that is to use some sort of teleport spell. Teleporting into a room with 1 ice has no effect. See Ice and Special in the Grimoire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the worst comes to the worst you could burn a mana to rotate one of the rooms next to it or switch it so as to block off one of the exits so you can slide into it and stop.

But teleporting or doing that with spells or duplicating the glyph with the enchanted well and never going to the original source again are all superior options if they're available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed wrote:
If the worst comes to the worst you could burn a mana to rotate one of the rooms next to it or switch it so as to block off one of the exits so you can slide into it and stop.

But teleporting or doing that with spells or duplicating the glyph with the enchanted well and never going to the original source again are all superior options if they're available.

This was part of my spectacular trainwreck game. It was hilarious.

Iced glyph was one of the glyphs needed for teleport, nova and SOS. The other first level glyphs blocked by guardians (thank you SOS). And the enchanted well was home to a troll and his portal.

I forgot about the rotation ability of the mana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guyer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
new user
Would making a Robe of Ice also be a good way to deal with that problem?

If so, Is Teleporting or Duplication with Well still a superior choice or would that be just a strategic decision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A robe of ice would do the job.

The optimal approach depends upon a lot of things, I suspect there isn't one that'd be strictly better in every game. I'd imagine that on average teleporting would be the least efficient choice, unless you'd thrown together a staff of teleport (Which is a pretty good option in a low player count game, but less good if there are four or more players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.