Subject: NVA Rally & Trail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
mb
Can the NVA during train op select one space, train, raise the trail value and then select additional spaces using the new added trail bonus within the same train op?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ejnro F
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
No, NVA must first place guerillas, then raise trail. It is not super-clear from the rules, but this is my understanding and I think it makes sense this way as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ejnro wrote:
No, NVA must first place guerillas, then raise trail. It is not super-clear from the rules, but this is my understanding and I think it makes sense this way as well.

Correct.

As for rules clarity, "then" in the COIN rules always means "once you've finished with the previous parts of the rule". In the 3.3.1 Rally rule this means that NVA has to finish placing Bases and/or Guerrillas before improving the Trail; similarly in the 3.2.1 Train rule it means that the Training Faction has to finish placing cubes/SF before it executes Civic Action (Govt or US), places a Govt Base (Govt), or transfers Patronage to ARVN Resources (US).

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.