Subject: Dear Students: That was NOT the objective rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that exercise certainly didn't go as planned. The students were assigned to create golems, we just needed four here at the Academy. But Smiley, Klicks, Nvetta, and Flitter managed to flood and then freeze the Academy instead with a handful of trolls encased in the ice and a random imp.

Their spell review included two ill-timed castings of the SOS spell, moving guardians onto two of the low level glyphs, leading them to become very dependent on the warp disaster to shuffle the glyphs to collect more. An ill timed freeze spell managed to freeze the third low level glyphs. With the only available glyphs tied to the spell Summons, this was an early disaster.

Played it through to the end and it was quite the enjoyable trainwreck, but a trainwreck, nonetheless. No character ever had enough glyphs to do anything. Managed to use demons to get rid of the guardians blocking my glyphs, only to have fire, then floods, and then ice block my ability to get glyphs.

All level one spells were bound (Nova, SOS, Doom, Dash, Repel, and Call). The level two spell Summons was also bound. The only other spell ever discovered in the entire game was Freeze. Found multiple times in various places. While trolls took up residence in more than a quarter of the Academy, they weren't really a problem. Imps kept trying to take up residence as well, but were low man on the totem pole in the rooms with the Guardians and Trolls. (Good for me, I never had the glyphs to destroy them.)

Most of my mana was lost to the disaster card Drain. The final mana was lost when Lure of Power pulled a troll in the Mana Crystal.

This was my third play through, the first time I played a scenario instead of the Basic Game. Scenario was Golem Construction for Beginners (on Easy...)

This game is most definitely a table hog, thank goodness for muffin pans and ramekins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eclipse Lunar
msg tools
how long did the basic game and the golem construction take to finish your play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.