Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
1. Do you have to keep resources from Force of Nature spaces until the next turn? If not, what does it mean that it cannot be immediately placed?

2. If I use the market for beets, then use a Magical Place to move the market left, can I then use the market for stone on the same turn? I assume Yes.

3. If I have no resources at the start of my turn and roll the severe weather side of the die on my first roll, may I reroll? If so, does the severe weather still happen?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nika mundus
Germany
flag msg tools
Dear Jonathan,
thank you for your email. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. You don´t need to keep the resource until your next turn. You are allowed to place it immediately - but you need not place it immediately if you don´t want. So you are allowed for both - keeping it or placing it.

2. No - you are not allowed to buy or sell at the market two times in one turn. Even the market row changes due to using a magical place. For dealing with a stone you would have to wait until your next turn.

3. If you have no resources in your personal supply at the beginning of your turn you are allowed to roll the dice a second time. But both dice - not only one! The second result then counts. The severe weather of the first roll doesn´t count any longer because you must roll both dice again.

Best regards,
Stefanie from nikamundus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fabulous! thumbsup
So, when is this going to hit the US?
Any English gameplay/review videos in the works?

Thanks! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nikamundus wrote:
Dear Jonathan,
thank you for your email. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. You don´t need to keep the resource until your next turn. You are allowed to place it immediately - but you need not place it immediately if you don´t want. So you are allowed for both - keeping it or placing it.

2. No - you are not allowed to buy or sell at the market two times in one turn. Even the market row changes due to using a magical place. For dealing with a stone you would have to wait until your next turn.

3. If you have no resources in your personal supply at the beginning of your turn you are allowed to roll the dice a second time. But both dice - not only one! The second result then counts. The severe weather of the first roll doesn´t count any longer because you must roll both dice again.

Best regards,
Stefanie from nikamundus

Stephanie, regarding question #2. Are you allowed to buy/sell more than 1 resource of a type at once? Let's say I need several stones? Can I buy them all in the same turn by paying the appropriate amount?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Schiemel
Italy
Pozzuoli
Napoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie, regarding question #2. Are you allowed to buy/sell more than 1 resource of a type at once? Let's say I need several stones? Can I buy them all in the same turn by paying the appropriate amount?[/q]

I have this same question. After playing, it seems like this HAS to be limited to buying only a single resource of a given type, otherwise the islands fill up quickly! For example, one of the guys in our group purchased 6 wheat in one shot (for 6 Auri) and literally loaded his island to the gills (respecting adjacency of course). I look forward to hearing the answer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Schiemel
Italy
Pozzuoli
Napoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. Spoke with Nikolaus (game designer) and he said that you are only permitted to buy a single resource each turn. So, even if you can afford it, you can only buy, for example a single stone. Also, I uploaded (with his permission) the English rules... I will upload German rules shortly. My best, Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.