Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, crafters!

If you missed the Kickstarter campaign for Glassworks, good news! You can still get all of the contents that make Glassworks "deluxe" by picking up the bundle that includes Glassworks and the Glassworks Plus Pack, which is available only through our online store at GamesWorthPlaying.com or by visiting us at conventions.

The Glassworks Plus Pack includes 2 Gather cards (Farm and Dungeon), 2 Brown "Farm" dice, 12 "Escape the Dungeon" cards, 6 Apprentice cards, and 24 Queen's Jubilee cards.

Happy crafting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connors
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I'm just confused, but is the Plus Pack something included in the KS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused about why reviewers in the U.S. have had copies of this long enough to post a review and kickstarter supporters still don't have the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I am confused about why reviewers in the U.S. have had copies of this long enough to post a review and kickstarter supporters still don't have the product.

Printers typically send us a few copies of the game while mass production is going on. These first-off-the-line copies are air-shipped to us so we can check for any major errors right away. Afterwards, those copies are used as review copies and for other promotional purposes. Think of them like Advance Reader Copies of books that are printed and distributed to proofers and reviewers before they go on sale to the public.

The bulk shipment of games will be delivered on-time to backers in November, in line with the Estimated Release time that was listed on the campaign page.

th3tick wrote:
Sorry if I'm just confused, but is the Plus Pack something included in the KS?

No worries! I understand the confusion.

There's only one version of the game ("standard"). The deluxe-only components were packaged and bagged separately. So, when deluxe backers receive their shipment, they'll get a copy of Glassworks and a small bag containing all of the deluxe-only components that they can add to their games.

We've decided to offer these packages with the additional components as a direct-only product, but we wanted to make it clear to retail customers that these were additional materials to use in the game, not the exact same game just with upgraded components, hence the "Plus Pack" instead of "Deluxe". We're moving away from the Standard/Deluxe naming convention for future titles to make this absolutely clear.

So, if you backed for the Deluxe Edition on Kickstarter, you already have everything and don't need to buy the Plus Pack. If you're buying it at retail, you can choose to buy just Glassworks or buy Glassworks with the Plus Pack for the additional components.

Here’s an unboxing video that better shows the separation:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to run the transactions through the BGG Marketplace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute hasn't updated the kickstarter since August 30th.
Funny how they post here on Oct 8th while leaving the backers that made the expansion possible hanging.
Well, actually, not funny at all.

EDIT: Voila! Within hours of my post, an update appears promising the games by the end of November. This is not the first time this has happened. I suggest not holding your breath.

EDIT 11/15/16: Games arrived. Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hi there--

Any idea when the preorders are expected to ship, now that the backer copies have gone out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eldavicho wrote:
Hi there--

Any idea when the preorders are expected to ship, now that the backer copies have gone out?

Your copy is on the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.