Legendary Encounters: A Firefly Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Serenity Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loyd Fox
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What are the chances we will see a "Serenity" (movie) expansion to this game? 3-6 new episode decks, new inevitable cards, strikes and ship upgrades could also be included. I would buy more content for this game in a heartbeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuck00x wrote:
What are the chances we will see a "Serenity" (movie) expansion to this game? 3-6 new episode decks, new inevitable cards, strikes and ship upgrades could also be included. I would buy more content for this game in a heartbeat.

My gut says it's highly unlikely. Legendary Predator would probably be first in line to get an expansion. And I'm not sure that will even come as it may depend on how well the unreleased alien legendary expansion sells. Just based on the number of reviews for firefly compared to alien and predator, I don't think this game has sold as well as the other two. Only time will tell but we can hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
From the reviews of the game (mainly based on art), I'd be really surprised if we get an expansion.

I doubt Predator will get an expansion, based on how often I see it go on sale, and how many copies seem to be sitting unsold on the shelves of my local game stores.

Hopefully I'm wrong, as I'd love to see more content for both of these, rather than a new stand alone game that doesn't mesh with the previous versions. I love Legendary Encounters, but combining the different sets really doesn't work as well as it should, so I can't imagine there will be nearly as many sets/expansions as there are for the Marvel version, where everything can be mixed and matched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loyd Fox
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
One can hope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Serenity licensing is different from Firefly licensing from what I've read. Upper Deck would have to negotiate a whole new license, probably. That alone makes it unlikely, I think. But Gale Force Nine did eventually manage to include Serenity content in Firefly: The Game, so we can hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fraser
msg tools
I hope we'll see not only a Serenity-based expansion, but also expansions based on the graphic novels. So many stories and back-stories were fleshed out in tales like 'The Shepherd's Tale', that it would be a shame not to include them. The use of artwork, no matter its quality, lends itself to a seamless melding of all-things Firefly into what, in my opinion, would end up being the truest representation of the 'Verse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.