Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bonnie Doiron
Canada
London
Ontario (ON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules says something to the effect that after battles are resolved you score a point for each prisoner you have in captivity then can take back prisoners held of yours by others via giving up 2 points per prisoner.

What I am still unclear on is what if you have no battles in a round? At the end of all the battles for that round would you still score for any prisoners you have even if not involved in battle? Or would you ONLY get a chance to score the captive units on rounds you were in a battle as well.

Sorry if it's been asked, I couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
No, it's just a step. If there are no battles to resolve, then go to prisoner scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonnie Doiron
Canada
London
Ontario (ON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
No, it's just a step. If there are no battles to resolve, then go to prisoner scoring.

Sorry perhaps I phrased the question wrong. I know it's the step directly after battle resolution.

What I am asking is say Humans had 3 prisoners they were holding but were in no battles would they still get 3 points during that next step. (IE: Machines & Trogs fought that round in battle 1 & 2 but Humans didn't participate in any battles for that round...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madbonna wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

Sorry perhaps I phrased the question wrong. I know it's the step directly after battle resolution.

What I am asking is say Humans had 3 prisoners they were holding but were in no battles would they still get 3 points during that next step. (IE: Machines & Trogs fought that round in battle 1 & 2 but Humans didn't participate in any battles for that round...)

Yes, prisoners step is only skipped if no one has any prisoners. And it still happens even if zero battles occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Madbonna wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

Yes, prisoners step is only skipped if no one has any prisoners. And it still happens even if zero battles occur.

Prisoner scoring has nothing to do with:
- Number of battles
- Battles participated in
- Prisoners taken this round

It is just a phase where:
1. Everyone gets 1 point per prisoner
2. Anyone can spend 2 points to get one back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonnie Doiron
Canada
London
Ontario (ON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Trevor, James and Grant!

We were playing it right then the first time and wrong the second time. Just wanted to be sure. Loving it so far the 2 plays we've had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.