Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I know I'm gonna feel stupid, but I just can't seem to find the answer to this question in the rulebook.

The door die shows an orange star, and in the Door Man's section of the rulebook, it says "Only Applies to Bartender". I can't find any mention of the orange star in the Bartender section. Is it basically a "Doesn't apply to any Patron" when rolling to see who stays for another round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find it specifically spelled out either, but I believe the symbol exists just to give the Bartender another option to get people moving along from the bar since it does not match a patron color or to help not get caught when watering drinks down, for the same reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackLocustGames wrote:
On page 17 of the rulebook it says "If the color of this die is the same as the background color for any of the patrons you prepared a drink for, those matching colored
patrons will remain at the bar for “another round” of drinks (use the yellow side of the die for Celebrities)." This what the Star is used for - determine if a Celebrity stays for another round. I realize now that we should have specified "Star" instead of "yellow". Especially since we said on page 19 under Special Shipments, that the "yellow" side is used to to receive the special Irish Whiskey.

This is the official response given on the Kickstarter page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes. So, instead of the yellow laurels meaning celebreties, the "orange" star is celebreties. That's a pretty confusing mistake. I put ORANGE in quotes because on my dice, the star is actually brown. Anyone else have that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We are not too thrilled with the color of the stars. In the proof copy, the stars came out perfect. In fact, we used the same Pantone color for the star as the Whiskey bottle meeple, but they came out very different when compared to each other. We suspect that the orange paint on top of the black plastic die is what caused the brown star effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so the red, green, and blue are for the normal patrons. The star is for the celebrities (when checking for another round). The purple means you got a supply of Italian drinks.

Does the star also double for checking if you get a supply of special Irish drinks, or is that happen for the yellow wings symbol ? If not, then what happens if the wings are rolled during this step ?

EDIT - on a somewhat similar note, can the Doorman 'cut off' Stanley Edwards at the bar by using his special action ? Or is there no way to get Stanley outta there once he arrives ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Ok, so the red, green, and blue are for the normal patrons. The star is for the celebrities (when checking for another round). The purple means you got a supply of Italian drinks.

Does the star also double for checking if you get a supply of special Irish drinks, or is that happen for the yellow wings symbol ? If not, then what happens if the wings are rolled during this step ?

EDIT - on a somewhat similar note, can the Doorman 'cut off' Stanley Edwards at the bar by using his special action ? Or is there no way to get Stanley outta there once he arrives ?

The yellow wings is the Special shipment roll for the Italian club alignment. The doorman may not cutoff Stanley as the cutoff rule is only to prevent patrons that stay for "another round" as indicated by the another round check/roll. Stanley never has this check so he may not be cut off.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

Possibly against the rules, but we've been having the manager take him into the VIP area for the very special drinks. We try to do this with whatever Regulars we can, except the guy that can't actually ever enter the club and William Yorke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

Possibly against the rules, but we've been having the manager take him into the VIP area for the very special drinks. We try to do this with whatever Regulars we can, except the guy that can't actually ever enter the club and William Yorke.

Totally allowed, just remember there is only 1 VIP slot so this works until either a celebrity or perhaps another patron enters the club that would also need to go to the VIP room. The good thing about this tactic is that Stanley still needs to be served a drink every round but if he isn't no one else is in the VIP room to hear his fits of rage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.