Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there still supposed to be one Kickstarter ad on BGG regardless of me being a paid member (I just checked, and my "adblock subscription" expires on December 1).

I notice that I have one when I come to the site on my iPad/iPhone, and thought it was a mobile device thing, but then I turned off my browser adblock and saw that there was one on here.

I thought a paid subscription meant *no* ads?

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
hist wrote:

I means control of which ads you get; many subscribers prefer to see (some) ads, so you can toggle each type of advertising on or off to your preference. On your profile page you should see a "Configure" link in the adblock section which allows you to do this. (I don't know which kickstarter ad you mean, but I suspect that you'll see at least one checkbox still checked on that configuration page.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
hist wrote:

I means control of which ads you get; many subscribers prefer to see (some) ads, so you can toggle each type of advertising on or off to your preference. On your profile page you should see a "Configure" link in the adblock section which allows you to do this. (I don't know which kickstarter ad you mean, but I suspect that you'll see at least one checkbox still checked on that configuration page.)

Thanks for the quick answer. It appears to be the other way around.

The boxes seem to be to for what you want blocked, and none of them were checked.

I just checked them all, and now they're gone!

So thank you for pointing me to that page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fardette
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this info! My tiny iPad just got a bit easier to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.