5 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories: A Prophecy of Dragons» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions after our first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were quite confused by some of the phrasings, and honestly even going through some answers in this forums I am still not clear:

1) Magic during combat - It's stated that magic costs 1 TU unless done during traveling - we understood it was an extra price - so if the mage and the priestess would fight a creature at a location, both using magic, it would cost:
+1 TU for the encounter
+1 TU for the mage's spell
+1 TU for the priestess's spell.

Were we wrong and the magic only counts as the test being taken, therefore it's only 1 TU?

2) Can magic be used as a ranged weapon to attack an enemy on a diffrent card?

3) Ranged combat: in the Lost woods, on the special middle tile

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Card D:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Only the ranger may enter that space, and the wording states that he can collect herbs during the time of 1 TU, rather than simply saying spend 1 TU to collect herbs. Can he attack with his ranged weapon while collecting the herbs?

4)Tests in general:
By the normal rules I remember that a Test that requires spending TU is only when you test yourself against shields, not when counting successes.
Many things in this expansion require you to make test rolls:
Thieves stealing, gambling and herb pickings.
Do these cost TU?
a) any time you roll
b) any time you roll according to a stat
c) when you roll against shields

5) If a character's portrait is on a card:
a) you need that character to go to move onto that space
b) ONLY that character may visit that space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yeah, it's just like any other test, and uses that characters action for the spent group TU. (unless, as you stated, you use it during traveling)

2) Nope, not unless the spell says so (and I don't remember any that did), that's reserved for ranged attacks.

3) If it says it costs a TU, or is done during a TU, or has any of the other marks of taking a TU (ability test), then you can't shoot in addition. Otherwise, you're definitely able to.

4) Not quite, a test based on an attribute costs TU, doesn't say anything about being against shields or just for counting successes. So b) would be correct.

5) b) again, only that character (or characters) can be there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3) If I remember correctly he spend his action to collect (at least this would make sense). Do you really think someone can shot and harvest at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3) the phrasing is a bit strange, it's done during the course of 1 to TU, rather than a saying it costs 1 TU.
As far as I can remember it's also not tested against a characteristic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
3) the phrasing is a bit strange, it's done during the course of 1 to TU, rather than a saying it costs 1 TU.
As far as I can remember it's also not tested against a characteristic.

If it says it's done DURING a TU spending, then that is ALL you can do during that TU, so no shooting in addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.