Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
Look at my spooky glowing eyes!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are some loose thoughts I had about the enemy of Mutant Chronicles when comparing them to events in Revelations and some guesses at what is imprisoned in the other seals. I'm not an expert at MC so I am probably wrong about some assumptions.

Mind - Body - Soul

Father - Son - Holy Spirit

Dark Soul - Dark Symmetry - Dark Legion

Dark Soul = Soul = Father

Dark Symmetry = Mind = Holy Spirit

Dark Legion = Body = Son

Planet Nero = Planet X = Niberu = Star Wormwood = Death Star

Nero is currently in a stationary orbit in the solar system past Pluto but once traveled across the universe as a rogue planet attacking other civilizations.

It may be possible for the Dark Legion to gain enough power to restart Nero, control its movements once more, and use it as a planet sized mobile fortress.

The 6 Seals Of Expulsion: (Not in any particular order)

#1. Dark Symmetry & Dark Legion

Dark Symmetry = Corruption = Unholy Spirit?

Dark Legion:

Legionnaires = Perversion of The Resurrection? = Dark Resurrection?

Centurions, Necromutants, etc. = Legion = The Demons known as Legion? ("My name is Legion for we are many")

5 Apostles:

Illian = Anti-Christ?

Demnogonis, Semai, Muawihje, and Algeroth = Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

#2. Dark Soul = The Devil? = Dark Half of God? = Ahriman?

#3. Dark Temptor = False Prophet?

#4. ???? = The Great Beasts? = Behemoth, Leviathan, & Ziz? = Land, Sea, & Sky = Gigantic War Beasts or Biomechanical Machines that can devour entire farms and obliterate cities? = Kaiju?

#5. ???? = The Whore of Babylon and The Seven Crowned Beast? = Dark Gaia? = An entity in control of a poisonous Biomechanical Machine Creature that can corrupt the very land itself? It will Terrorform the land until the entire planet becomes Terrorformed. It would transmute the environment into something more hospital to the Dark Legion and toxic to other forms of life.

Terrorform = Terror + Terraform = Dark Terraform

#6. ???? = Hell's Angel? = Angel of Genocide? = A giant biomechanical sentient starship with capability to eradicate biological matter from the planet and/or shatter the planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
uuuuhhhhhmmmmm.... I think you're thinking too hard on it. I think they took nations turning into interplanetary corporations adding Diesel Punk aesthetics too it, and threw in GW influences into that...meaning Chaos Gods
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its just a game, of fiction.
(but your pastor probably wouldn't like it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say its more cosmic horror than biblical analogy. Dark Soul and everything associated with it is alien. As a conquering race you could make comparisons with the legion in WoW, the tyranids in 40k, the star spawn of Cthulhu, the Shadows in Babylon 5... the list goes on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
I equated them to the Chaos Gods more than Tyranids: Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Dieteren
Netherlands
Rhenen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I am a pastor.
And I do like this comparison with the Book of Revelations .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think you're overthinking it at all. What you're saying makes a ton of sense, and there's some pretty solid correlation. The setting as a whole obviously has a very religious subtext, and there are countless references to elements that could easily hearken back to Catholic mysticism. Good work, and you should write more. Put some meat on this skeleton and it would be a good read.

Quote:
Its just a game, of fiction.

American Psycho is just a movie, of fiction, but it's still a nuanced comment about conformity and social climbing. Gulliver's Travels is just a novel, of fiction, but it's also pointed satire. Dismissing considered analysis of fiction for being 'just fiction' is likely to make Mark Twain come back from the grave to kick you in the privates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
Look at my spooky glowing eyes!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Revelations, Quatrains of Nostradamus, and other prophecies may have been symbolic warnings to humanity from the Guardians about the Dark Legion. Visions from the subconscious derived from the genetic memories of the alien DNA implanted into humanity and subliminal symbolic messages left by the Guardians who hid among humanity.

"Don't disturb the seals. If the seals are broken, then unnatural disasters and horrors shall befall humanity and the world as we know it will end."

Too bad the warnings were ignored, the seal was broken, and the Dark Legion and Dark Symmetry were unleashed upon the solar system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.