Subject: Got stiffed on my order for Space Marine Pack 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just bought Space Hulk Death Angel a couple weeks ago and I love the game so I decided to try to buy some of the elusive expansions.

I ordered the Mission Pack 1 and the Tyranid Pack from Fantasy Flight Games themselves and they arrived a few days ago. But I ordered the Space Marines Pack 1 from some random seller on Amazon.com which just arrived today. Much to my disappointment, I found out that I am missing the Move and Activate card for the Black Team in this pack. I also noted that the package was taped closed with this weird, whereas the other two packs directly from FFG were not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what are you going to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Burn the cards devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Realistically though, the only card I'm missing is the Move and Activate for the Black Team which I've looked up and is called "Litany of Hate" with 7B in the corner and the text "After resolving this card's action, change the facing of 2 Space Marines (belonging to any combat team or teams) in the formation."

I might rig up dummy card that displays this information until either I can find someone who wants to sell just that card (which seems unlikely) or if I decide if I want to pony up the $55 or whatever the current asking price for this pack is on amazon for ONE CARD.

I'm not sure yet. I'm still angry and disappointed with the fact that I'm missing just one card from this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like your issue is with Fantasy Flight, not the game. The FFG forum is here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1797/fantasy-flight-game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not really mad at the game, I was joking. Also I didn't order this particular pack from FFG, this was from some random vendor on amazon and the package was retaped closed, unlike the ones I had bought from FFG.

Although I may ask them too to see if there is a way to resolve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Return it.

Amazon has guaranteed returns with their sellers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) there's a veeeeery slim chance FFG will have a replacement card.

2) be sure to let the seller (and Amazon) know you were shorted.

3) if nothing else, consider sleeving your cards so you can more easily proxy the missing one.

4) it's not worth it for one card but many people use online services (CowCow, ArtsCow, Printers Studio, Drive Through Cards, etc) to print high quality card decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Femme Worth
msg tools
mb
Was the seller The BT Group? Got Mission Pack 1 from them in poor condition and it was also taped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
No it was called "imagine products"

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just won an auction on ebay to replace it actually...feeling happier now, assuming I get at least that 1 card in this pack from ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Tyler
United States
flag msg tools
That's a bummer, hope everything works out for ya.

I was able to pick up the expansions I was missing for $19.95 on eBay; with the free shipping, not too terrible of a markup from what they used to cost. Worth it for me anyway, to have a complete game...hope yours gets to be 100% too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm working on it, once this one gets delivered I'll have everything but the Deathwing expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Tyler
United States
flag msg tools
robgraves wrote:
I'm working on it, once this one gets delivered I'll have everything but the Deathwing expansion.

Not to rub it in, but I think that's the best one! It is only a few extra dudes you can play as, but the Deathwing marines have some of the most interesting/fun abilities thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
goldmonkee wrote:
robgraves wrote:

Not to rub it in, but I think that's the best one! It is only a few extra dudes you can play as, but the Deathwing marines have some of the most interesting/fun abilities thumbsup

Oh I'm definitely gonna get it. I just need to wait until I get paid again to figure out how much I'm gonna pay whether it be $20 on an ebay bid or some exorbitant $70 for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got my replacement Space Marine Pack 1 today, thus rendering this whole thread null. I just need to track down and buy Deathwing now and I'll have all the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Jones
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you order from Fantasy Flight? I can't figure out how their Print On Demand system works. The packs just say "Out of Stock" with no way to purchase a printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Tyler
United States
flag msg tools
TexJones wrote:
How did you order from Fantasy Flight? I can't figure out how their Print On Demand system works. The packs just say "Out of Stock" with no way to purchase a printing.

They sell them like any other store; they are out of stock now, so you can't order them.

The "Print on Demand" name is misleading, they don't actually let you order one then print it out soblue It's just a name for a printing process that's different than ye old standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
TexJones wrote:

I managed to order two expansions when inexplicably they suddenly appeared as available on Fantasy Flight Games as available for only like a day or two. The other ones I obtained pursuing through ebay and amazon for much more than their suggested retail price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just got Deathwing expansion that I won an ebay bid for, so now own all the expansions...so happy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.