Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To get the bonus, do all of the units have to be participating in the attack? For instance, can I move an Air Assault unit to the west side of a defender, which disrupts the Air Assault unit, then on my next AAP, attack the defender from the east (diametrically opposite the disrupted Air Assault unit) and claim the concentric bonus? Or do I only get the bonus when all units are actually attacking as part of the same AAP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read the rule, in order to qualify as a concentric attack, there must be attacking units in the necessary hexes. Of course, since not all adjacent units have to participate in an attack, it can be possible to carry out several concentric attacks against the same hex in the same phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bob. But I think you're still saying you have to have units attacking in that AAP to get the concentric bonus. Disrupted and units not participating do not contribute to qualifying correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Thanks Bob. But I think you're still saying you have to have units attacking in that AAP to get the concentric bonus. Disrupted and units not participating do not contribute to qualifying correct?

Yes, that's how I read it. Had trouble making it clear, I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question, but that is how I read it as well - it says attacking units, so I assume that means you can't just move a bunch of units into a circle around a target so that the one stack that was there already can get a concentric attack bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.