J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Borowitz wrote:
In what is being described as a best-case scenario, some political experts are predicting that the Republicans could once again be a viable political party as early as the year 2096.

Davis Logsdon, the head of the University of Minnesota’s political-science department, said on Saturday that the eighty-year time frame for the Republican Party to recover was “admittedly optimistic, but still doable.”

“It’s not going to be easy, and they have very little margin for error,” Logsdon said. “But if they do everything right and a lot of things cut their way, they could be up and running as a somewhat serviceable political party as early as 2096.”

According to the political strategist Tracy Klugian, however, Logsdon’s 2096 target date for the Republicans’ comeback is “laughably upbeat.”

“In order for the G.O.P. to become even a marginally functional political party again, all memory of the 2016 campaign will have to be obliterated,” Klugian said. “That means everyone who witnessed it will have to be dead, and probably those people’s children, and their children’s children, too. I wouldn’t bet on the Republican Party recovering any earlier than the year 2132.”

When asked about Klugian’s assessment, Logsdon said, “Yeah, 2132 is probably more like it.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you ever had an original thought?

Never mind, what the hell was I thinking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Borowitz wrote:
In what is being described as a best-case scenario, some political experts are predicting that the Republicans could once again be a viable political party as early as the year 2096.

Davis Logsdon, the head of the University of Minnesota’s political-science department, said on Saturday that the eighty-year time frame for the Republican Party to recover was “admittedly optimistic, but still doable.”

“It’s not going to be easy, and they have very little margin for error,” Logsdon said. “But if they do everything right and a lot of things cut their way, they could be up and running as a somewhat serviceable political party as early as 2096.”

According to the political strategist Tracy Klugian, however, Logsdon’s 2096 target date for the Republicans’ comeback is “laughably upbeat.”

“In order for the G.O.P. to become even a marginally functional political party again, all memory of the 2016 campaign will have to be obliterated,” Klugian said. “That means everyone who witnessed it will have to be dead, and probably those people’s children, and their children’s children, too. I wouldn’t bet on the Republican Party recovering any earlier than the year 2132.”

When asked about Klugian’s assessment, Logsdon said, “Yeah, 2132 is probably more like it.”

Far too favorable an assessment. I would peg it more at the next milemniuem given demographic trends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
https://ballotpedia.org/Gubernatorial_and_legislative_party_...

Democrat state representatives: 43.1%
Republican state representatives: 56%

D senators: 41.6%
R senators: 55.1%

D governors: 18
R governors: 34
Includes territories

States with both houses, senate and gov of the same party
D: 7
R: 23

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
https://ballotpedia.org/Gubernatorial_and_legislative_party_...

Democrat state representatives: 43.1%
Republican state representatives: 56%

D senators: 41.6%
R senators: 55.1%

D governors: 18
R governors: 34
Includes territories

States with both houses, senate and gov of the same party
D: 7
R: 23

Bad news cupcake, demographics is not your friend. Gerrymandering and voter suppression is not going to stem the tide. Old White guys are going to their great reward, and are not being replaced.

Time to join the new millennium Sandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Stem the tide?

The tide of winning?

Please elaborate. Assuming of course you aren't going to go off on a bigot rant about groups you approve and disapprove of based upon physical attributes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... the Trump lovers on this tread are very humor impaired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Wow... the Trump lovers on this tread are very humor impaired.

Where'd you get the plural?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

I save those for work where I get paid for them.

Quote:

Don't be so hard on yourself, it's clear you weren't thinking at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

I save those for work where I get paid for them.

Quote:

Don't be so hard on yourself, it's clear you weren't thinking at all.
Wow, you really wounded me. I had no idea you were the king of witty comebacks.

I am so hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I am so hurt.

You'll survive. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.