45.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Exodus rules say that when a Cylon reveals, she draws 2 skill cards which must be of different colors.

The No Sympathizer variant says a revealing Cylon draws 3 skill cards.

When combining these two rules, must all three cards be drawn from different colors (e.g. Red, blue, green)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
No Sympathizer attempts to balance four and six player base game by giving the revealed Cylon more skill cards.

In exodus, the extra skill cards do not really matter as much, it's the additional human action which really imbalances the game.

So, bottom line, if you use no symp, and adjust the resource dials, give the revealed Cylon an extra card draw. But, again, the no symp variant does not account for the extra human action.

That being said, Exodus will still be a hungry action eating monster and the game still has a good chance of crushing the humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the purpose of different piles seems to be to prevent hoarding and to continue to cause confusion about what the cylons could have played, I would think that it makes sense to say either 3 different piles, or at least 2 different piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
Since the purpose of different piles seems to be to prevent hoarding and to continue to cause confusion about what the cylons could have played, I would think that it makes sense to say either 3 different piles, or at least 2 different piles.
This. I would still go with the player having to declare all 3 choices ahead of time. So no peeking at the 1st before deciding on what to draw for the 2nd, or peeking at the 2nd card before drawing the 3rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd draw a parallel with infiltrating Cylon Leaders, and allow the third card to be from any deck, not just the other three/four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.