Hide
3 Posts

Ninjato» Forums » Variants

Subject: 5 Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Cornish
msg tools
What do people think about the viability of Ninjato as a 5 player game? Of course it would require a new set of shuriken. Maybe four treasures in each house, so that it takes more actions? Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think increasing the treasure count in a house would probably mean you'd have to increase hand size by one. (8 max in hand, and also players start with 5 cards, drawing cards may have to be +1 card, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without having playtested any of this, here is what I would try:

Rather than increasing the amount of treasure in each house, I think it would be best to add another house to the mix, to give the players more options and opportunities when deciding what to raid.

Likewise, I'd probably add an extra face-up Rumor and Envoy card to their respective areas. The Dojo cards should be fine, as they get replaced immediately when drawn.

I'd do the Sensei skill tiles as laid out in the rules- each round draw 5 tiles (one per player). On round 4, shuffle any unpurchased tiles back into the stack so that you can draw 5 tiles. If there aren't enough tiles, just reveal the remaining tiles and players simply have a smaller selection to choose from that round.

The disguise tiles are the same as normal- 1 per round for the last 3 rounds.

That should be fairly balanced and give everyone enough options each turn. Try it out and make adjustments if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.