Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I'm voting for Hillary, if I should live so long...
I think it would set a very bad precedent...
But, ya know, Secession was a very bad idea... but it may have been "necessary" to get things sorted out...sooner, a lot sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
George Brinton wrote:
But, ya know, Secession was a very bad idea... but it may have been "necessary" to get things sorted out...sooner, a lot sooner.

Others have said since voting has already started, it's too late for him to quit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
George Brinton wrote:

Others have said since voting has already started, it's too late for him to quit.

Indeed, Donna Brazile, interim head of the Democratic National Committee, has indicated in recent interviews that Democratic Party lawyers would fight any efforts by states to change the names on their ballots in violation of their election laws.

So (as noted earlier), it's not only too late in most cases - but the DNC is being very clear that they would enforce the illegality of it, anyway.

(So, yeah, exactly the type of rules-as-written-lawyer that all of us would absolutely hate to play any games with. But...well...actual lawyers, so I guess that's in their nature.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Congress should pass a bill addressing this issue. If a candidate drops out their votes should go to their VP candidate. This is a smart law to have in place anyway in case of untimely death or a drop out.

The GOP Congress should be VERY interesting in getting this law on the books right about now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

Congress should pass a bill addressing this issue. If a candidate drops out their votes should go to their VP candidate. This is a smart law to have in place anyway in case of untimely death or a drop out.

The GOP Congress should be VERY interesting in getting this law on the books right about now.

Tough for Congress to pass laws telling political parties how to handle their affairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

Tough for Congress to pass laws telling political parties how to handle their affairs.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with the political parties, the law can just say "If a candidate dies during the campaign and it is too late to change the ballots, their electoral votes go to their VP candidate."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

It doesn't have to have anything to do with the political parties, the law can just say "If a candidate dies during the campaign and it is too late to change the ballots, their electoral votes go to their VP candidate."
Right, this is about votes and election rules not parties.

But personally I think that once voting has started the ballot cannot be changed, if a candidate drops out the other wins by default.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald not going up in flames was the worst case scenario for Republicans.

If he did they could all disavow him and save some face. Now they are tied to this anchor and can't get rid of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.