$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 49.91

3,727 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23.5% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » News

Subject: October Dreams of Expansions (When?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: This_is_News??? [+] [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Anticipation is making me wait
Its keeping me waiting"
--Carly Simon

Being lucky enough to have gotten my copy of STA by having a pal pick it upat GenCon, I want to say I feel for anyone who doesn't have it yet. The second game I wanted there which they sold out before the doors even opened, was Cry Havoc. Which I only got a week and a half ago retail from my FLGS. I'll be playing my 8-10th games of it next Wednesday.

But we're over a week into October now, and I am wondering when we'll hear about the Cardassians and Ferengi. My FLGS is primed to hold me a copy of each. Many people criticize new games, and sometimes they deserve it. But like Firefly, GF9 probably will change some aspects of the overall experience with the expansions--if nothing else with a larger possible number of players--and who knows what else, while it adds neat new stuff. Which play aspects will be changed? The first expansions should answer some of those questions.

Anyone hear anything about a release date? Which play aspects do you think will be different?

I'm also a big fan of the Commands &Color games by Richard Borg. GMT too are coming out with a new expansion in October: C&C Epic Napoleonics. It will also allow one to play with more than the original number (two players) with 3-8 people! Those of us who reserved early in their P500 program are now having their credit cards charged, with shipping to begin soon! Its been long anticipated, and long delayed, much more so than STA's expansions.

We want Gul Ducat, Quark, and Napoleon. How long, O Lord?

whistle





2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Anyone hear anything about a release date?

All I can say is that I asked GF9 if the expansions will be available at their booth on the Spiel and they told me that they will not be there. Maybe this means that they will not be out as soon?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The online stores are listing the date as December.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully soon, because the 3 player cap is really limiting my opportunities to play. 4-5 players is about 100 times easier for me to manage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
wtcannonjr wrote:
The online stores are listing the date as December.


The official website still have them at October.


It doesn't look like the Cardassians will offer anything that is a game changer, except for a couple of nebula with added effects and Bajor which can produce 2 culture.

The Ferengi will add a species that 90% wants to be non-combat but wants the other players to battle. They will also add trade partner exploration cards (which follow a new mechanic), new types of trade agreements, and at least 1 4 production system! They will also have the new nebula types.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More table space will be required, unless you are just using the new factions as replacements for old ones. Two things have been mention on various threads so far:

1. Not all players will need to come into contact with all the others for the game to be successful.

2. On the other hand, there may be more opportunity to stop a "breakaway leader," as a weaker player can allow transit through their connected territory suddenly by a faction not previously engaged with the leader.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
chas59 wrote:
Anyone hear anything about a release date?

All I can say is that I asked GF9 if the expansions will be available at their booth on the Spiel and they told me that they will not be there. Maybe this means that they will not be out as soon?!

thats a bummer!soblue

so it will rather be november (december sounds way too late) zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Häs Brommer

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmb
Why the heck is this even in the News category? This isn't news, it is a question. I really wish people would learn not to put questions in the news forum, as it leads people to think there is actually news in the post! shake

chas59 wrote:
"Anticipation is making me wait
Its keeping me waiting"
--Carly Simon

Being lucky enough to have gotten my copy of STA by having a pal pick it upat GenCon, I want to say I feel for anyone who doesn't have it yet. The second game I wanted there which they sold out before the doors even opened, was Cry Havoc. Which I only got a week and a half ago retail from my FLGS. I'll be playing my 8-10th games of it next Wednesday.

But we're over a week into October now, and I am wondering when we'll hear about the Cardassians and Ferengi. My FLGS is primed to hold me a copy of each. Many people criticize new games, and sometimes they deserve it. But like Firefly, GF9 probably will change some aspects of the overall experience with the expansions--if nothing else with a larger possible number of players--and who knows what else, while it adds neat new stuff. Which play aspects will be changed? The first expansions should answer some of those questions.

Anyone hear anything about a release date? Which play aspects do you think will be different?

I'm also a big fan of the Commands &Color games by Richard Borg. GMT too are coming out with a new expansion in October: C&C Epic Napoleonics. It will also allow one to play with more than the original number (two players) with 3-8 people! Those of us who reserved early in their P500 program are now having their credit cards charged, with shipping to begin soon! Its been long anticipated, and long delayed, much more so than STA's expansions.

We want Gul Ducat, Quark, and Napoleon. How long, O Lord?

whistle





2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry; thought the title explained it. Is there any way to change the category?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle Still nothing (and the Napoleonic game is now pushed back to December). Hmmm... It was noted elsewhere that the latest GF9 copy for the Ferenghi preview noted "in the next months."

Ah, well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Cohen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I think this question belongs in the news category since it relates to news about upcoming expansions and possible release dates.

Hackmaster12 wrote:
Why the heck is this even in the News category? This isn't news, it is a question. I really wish people would learn not to put questions in the news forum, as it leads people to think there is actually news in the post! shake

chas59 wrote:
"Anticipation is making me wait
Its keeping me waiting"
--Carly Simon

Being lucky enough to have gotten my copy of STA by having a pal pick it upat GenCon, I want to say I feel for anyone who doesn't have it yet. The second game I wanted there which they sold out before the doors even opened, was Cry Havoc. Which I only got a week and a half ago retail from my FLGS. I'll be playing my 8-10th games of it next Wednesday.

But we're over a week into October now, and I am wondering when we'll hear about the Cardassians and Ferengi. My FLGS is primed to hold me a copy of each. Many people criticize new games, and sometimes they deserve it. But like Firefly, GF9 probably will change some aspects of the overall experience with the expansions--if nothing else with a larger possible number of players--and who knows what else, while it adds neat new stuff. Which play aspects will be changed? The first expansions should answer some of those questions.

Anyone hear anything about a release date? Which play aspects do you think will be different?

I'm also a big fan of the Commands &Color games by Richard Borg. GMT too are coming out with a new expansion in October: C&C Epic Napoleonics. It will also allow one to play with more than the original number (two players) with 3-8 people! Those of us who reserved early in their P500 program are now having their credit cards charged, with shipping to begin soon! Its been long anticipated, and long delayed, much more so than STA's expansions.

We want Gul Ducat, Quark, and Napoleon. How long, O Lord?

whistle





1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stil wonderful still awesome. I want them!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think, considering the shipping and distribution issues that the base game had, expecting the Cardassians before December is overly optimistic. I think they were planning on Cardassians in November and Ferengi in December, but it's highly unlikely that they'll make those marks at this point.

My guess is that Cardassians will start trickling into stores in December, hopefully in time for Christmas, and Ferengi will land in January or February.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GF9 just announced a small expansion for Firefly, which has seen nothing for over a year. So they are still putting things into production besides their newest game. Unfortunately we just don't know what the issues are.

I've asked about getting a replacement for the missing top of a Klingon Star Base and they never got back to me about it, even though I bought 3 sets of them through a pal at GenCon. The supply and demand of their stuff remain a mystery!

(Edit: they did send my Star Base piece).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has a January 31st date for the expansions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.