War of the Ring (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Next reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
So, this is the next purchase for me. The problem is, all of the online retailers I frequent (coolstuff, MM) are sold out, as well as my FLGS. I checked Ares website, and it shows the next reprint is November. Does anyone know if that means the game will be on the shelves in November, or if they follow a FFG model where once a game is in the reprint stage, it actually takes months before you see it available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm Human, I promise!
badge
Lies, I'm totally a Cylon!
Should be available in November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
Are there any changes in the reprint coming in november that you are aware of? Just got battle of the five armies and absolutely love it and have found a copy of war in my local game store.

About to pull the trigger and buy it unless the new reprint has any changes that are worth waiting on.

Many thanks in advance

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, they haven't made any changes between print runs since releasing the 2nd edition. I'd pick up the copy in store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm Human, I promise!
badge
Lies, I'm totally a Cylon!
There only changes between runs have been the dice. Newer runs will have the same dice as tBoFA, while older runs will have matte action dice, and Asian style combat dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
Thanks very much both for the response. I will indeed pick it up on Saturday. I have ordered the anniversary edition map as well and managed to snag the warriors of middle earth expansion too.

Cant wait to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.