Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiliam McCurdy
United States
Calvert City
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i was wondering if season 3 is going to get character packs when season 4 comes out. I dont like the blind boxes very much and have even stopepd playing for hte moment. I do want to collect more figures and play with the new ones but..getting repeats and having no one near by to trade with just seems daunting. Chasing down promos is one thing but chasing down an entire season...ill pass. So does anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe that chances to see season 3 as well as season 4 in windowed boxes are zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
Its this greedy money grab tactic that has ended my collection at season 2. There are more than enough characters for me anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiliam McCurdy
United States
Calvert City
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
damn guess ill have to see if anyone is selling complete sets...v.v"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Huntington
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can handle not having a complete set, the best way to get 12 of the 16 with no duplicates is to buy a sealed box. You're guaranteed to get all 8 commons and 4 of the 8 rares. I have learned to live with the fact that I am 4 figures short of season 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiliam McCurdy
United States
Calvert City
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Current collection + potential ebay and bgg purchases have made this a semi complete collection. the characters i am most concerned about finding now are:

Crocabulia
Terminatots (wakfu, stasis, goldenrod)
Dark Vlad Karnated (vlads mount)
Arty
Joris Master
Grougaloragran (geez hes got a hard name to spell)
grampy -shopkeeper
Darkli Moon
Le Chouque

Once i have those +all others have been properly purchased. I will have a complete set up to 2.0 and season 4. If any of htose have not been released then i dont need to worry about them anymore till they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who RAGED about blind boxes, I just wanted to throw in this alternative viewpoint.

Firstly, they can't support both models of distribution, not in this crowded marketplace. The Euro market love blind boxes, and have more tournaments. The US market love window boxes, and have fewer tournaments. I'm in Australia, and just want one of each model, and rarely see tournaments at all.

So I would have loved window boxes for all seasons. One of each model. Easy.

But for people looking to build varied and interesting teams, they started protesting they could ONLY get window boxes near them. Now each window box comes with 2 models that you can only have 1 per team of, and 2 models you are allowed multiple copies of.

So interestingly, the argument FOR blind boxes is just that; with a large, open, trading marketplace, and no "ultra-rare" nonsense, blind boxes (with the 1:2 ratio) enable building squads with two of a common model much easier, and mean you should be able to pick up the models you need without several you don't much more easily, and at a lower final cost.

Of course, without the larger population of players, tournaments and open-trades a-plenty, this model doesn't work. All my trades have to go via US post, which doubles the cost of everything. But the point remains there is a valid argument against character boxes (beyond the "it's a money grab" one) and with the smaller seasons of 16 figures, the blind box only approach isn't as awful as if it were another Season 1/2.

In the end, I also bought two cases, and lucked out to get 7/8 rares for season 3 with only one duplicate (which I traded for the guy I still needed). I then sold off my extra copies of the commons to local players at about 60% RRP. Not ideal, but could have been worse.

TL;DR - in my situation, character boxes would still be better, but I actually think Ankama have made the right choice picking blind boxes as the only distribution format for the game, given the assumption that both models could not be supported in local retail anymore (which seems likely now, with so much content in existence already).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.