Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just started to learn this game and according to my rules, in the advanced game, if you roll a space for a POI that includes a fire/smoke token or a fireman figure then you use the arrows to move it.
Yet having watched several videos of advanced games, I notice that most people seem to place a POI with a fireman and flip it over or place it alongside smoke, as in the family game. Is this a new rule that wasn't in a previous version of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the arrows is in my PDF copy of the rules from April 2012, and that's the way I've always played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kickstarted the game when it was released through crowdfunding and the rule has always been to follow the arrows.
However, the original Flashpoint had different rules and I believe it was posible then to place POI markers on smoke etc.
So perhaps the videos are using the older version of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
I kickstarted the game when it was released through crowdfunding and the rule has always been to follow the arrows.
However, the original Flashpoint had different rules and I believe it was posible then to place POI markers on smoke etc.

More likely those videos are playing the game wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm Human, I promise!
badge
Lies, I'm totally a Cylon!
Bagherra wrote:

This is why I never trust gameplay videos as a source of rules. Videos are hard to edit with corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
dbc- wrote:

I did wonder that actually as they were all fairly recent, post 2014. It was just that it seemed common to them all so wondered if there had been a change to the rules in the last year or so. Oh well it won't alter the way I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct - the rules do say that you can't place a POI with smoke or with a fireman.

I remember that clearly because after a dozen games my own group just figured that out a few days ago! We had previously been playing wrong like the videos you watched: we would place the POI with smoke or a fireman, and only follow the arrows in case of fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.