Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Hicks
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
I am a bit confused about two player set up. The rule book states:

- Each player chooses a player color and takes all the matching wooden nobles to form their supply.

Note: In a two player game, the players must choose red and blue, since more pieces are needed. With more than two players, any color may be used.

Well, there are no red and blue cubes in the game. There are 46 of white and black and 36 of orange, grey, and purple. So I assume that if you play with two players you need to use black and white since there are more. Am I interpreting this right? Or when the rule book is referencing red and blue does it mean you can only play in France and Britain? I assume that this is just a typo for the cube color. Also when you play with more people, do you take those extra 10 cubes away from black and white?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Relevant: https://youtu.be/HUP9Rw95KE0?t=1m51s

Going by the pictures next to the list of components in the rulebook (and by the rulebook of the previous edition here on BGG) it seems that they indeed meant "white and black" instead of read and blue.

I believe with more players there's practically no chance of using more than 36 cubes so there's no point in removing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
It's obviously an error in the rule book. You use white and black cubes in a two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hicks
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
Whoa! Good video! I would have put 2 and 2 together if I would have read the components description of the 46 red and 46 blue cubes closer. I counted out all of the cubes separately myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Gullotti
United States
Fort Wayne
IN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see official clarification here: http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/a-proclamation-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Tony. Consider adding a link to this to the main page for Royals in the site (unless is there and I missed it).

Also, any chance of getting a PDF of the rulebook either here or at the Arcane Wonders site? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.