Subject: Gameplay question(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
Hello

When a creature attacks at night, normal rules apply. So if i choose not to change my ammunition to match the attacking creature what is the "penalty" i suffer?

Also the loot cards can be traded for their silver value (if they have one) for a free action correct?

thanks
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Koester
United States
Cornelius
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Creature attacks during the Night phase work a little differently. You are allowed to change your Ammo Type to the one appropriate to the attacking creature as a free action before the combat begins.

Selling Loot requires one of your three actions during the Day phase, but you can see as much as you want for one action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
Hello Adrian

thank you for your replay but i am still confused what happens during the night.

If i do not have the ammo type of the attacking creature i am not able to fight back? This is my understanding thus my question

The rulebook is a bit unclear on some terms but that is ok since we have this forum to work out any misunderstandings

Also, the rules state that regardless of how many dice the player rolls during an attack, this counts as a single attack action. So does this mean that ONE attack action finish when either the player dies or the creature?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
alexw64u wrote:
If i do not have the ammo type of the attacking creature i am not able to fight back? This is my understanding thus my question

At night a player will roll a die to determine which creature will attack you. You may then switch ammunition types to whichever you need to fight this monster for free - during the day it takes an action to switch ammunition types. (This is done, I assume, so you can always fight back at night, otherwise everyone would get killed pretty quickly...)

alexw64u wrote:
Also, the rules state that regardless of how many dice the player rolls during an attack, this counts as a single attack action. So does this mean that ONE attack action finish when either the player dies or the creature?

Attacking a creature is one action. You first choose which creature to attack (one that you have the matching ammunition type for). Then you will roll the appropriate amount of dice, and take one health point off for each die which matches or exceeds the creatures strength. The monster then retaliates. You then keep rolling dice for player and monster until one of them dies. This is all one action. If the player kills the monster and has actions left, they can then choose to attack another monster - following the same process.

TL;DR - for one action, fight one monster until either you or the monster dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex christodoulides
Cyprus
cyprus
flag msg tools
Hi Peter

Thanks for the replay

So my assumption is correct, if you do not have the same ammo type then you can not attack back at night. In any case even if you defeat the monster at night there is no loot to get thus the penalty for not changing ammo is to accept the hits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Huntley
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexw64u wrote:
Hi Peter

Thanks for the replay

So my assumption is correct, if you do not have the same ammo type then you can not attack back at night. In any case even if you defeat the monster at night there is no loot to get thus the penalty for not changing ammo is to accept the hits

This is incorrect. To be more clear, at night the ammo types don't matter if you're attacked. You always have the correct one equipped to retaliate with, essentially.

Also, if you couldn't fight back the monster would just roll dice until you died. So yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.