GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 58.86

4,246 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26.8% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

.. ..
msg tools
Hiya,

After a first solo play of the base game (won although with Sauron starting on 15) and a search through the extended rules and this message board I ran into two questions I could not find a conclusive answer to :

1) if the ring-bearer remains the same at the end of a scenario, does this character still get two new cards before the next scenario (the Dutch rules read "the new ring-bearer")?

2) if a character reaches place 60 on Mordor after having played one or two hobbit cards and survives or otherwise evades the dice throw of place 60, am I right in assuming this character is still the active player (as it hasn't performed step 3 clear-up of a turn that is needed to cease being the active player) and has to attempt the dice throw to destroy the ring first? Also the character reaching place 60 can be any character right and not just the ring-bearer although obviously this character needs to still be in play?

3) at Elrond and Galadriel how many corresponding location feature cards do you distribute when playing with two hobbits (I believe there was a discrepancy between two versions of the rulebook on this point)

Really liked the game solo, will try Sauron at 12 next!

Judith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Time for some new overtext
badge
Something will come to mind
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, the Ringbearer would draw 2 cards even if it's the same character.

2. Yes, still the active player.

3. I would play according to the rules of the game you have. Another difference is that some rules say "shuffle and deal" while others say "distribute".

Full disclosure: I've always played with Sauron on 15. I'm just not brave enough to tempt fate like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with GodRob on the answers to #1 and #2. (And I don't disagree with the answer to #3).

As for your question 2b: Yes, any player could advance the marker to space 60. The white pawns represent the progress of the entire party.

And for #3, we just always shuffle and deal out all the cards. Our old Hasbro edition says to distribute fewer cards with just 2 players, but a) that's less fun, and b) it's harder to remember a specific number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.. ..
msg tools
Thanks both for the clarifications /answers !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.