Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Croydon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Tom Vasel casually dropped in his recent top 100 games, that this game had changed hands and been picked up by someone else, presumably for a reprint.

Anyone have any info?

I loved Battleground, the only things that made me sad were:
- No newly issued cards to fix errata
- The rules got increasingly complex, and lost something each iteration IMO

I'm incredibly excited about the potential for a new edition, my hopes:
- Less fiddly rules, nicely streamlined
- Errata free cards
- Enhanced art
- A good campaign mode (the one offered in an expansion was mathematically broken, fans had to fix it!)

I hope they keep the strong focus on unit balance though, I felt this was a strength. And if streamlining don't go overboard and dumb things down too much (it's a fine line!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Todd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keen to know what's coming too. Having watched Tom's top 100 this is one that looks right up my street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not work for the new company (nor the old) and do not know any of the people involved so I can state with absolute 100% uncertainty that the new edition will be in stores in November and will have no cards at all. It is now a tabletop miniatures game with 8 mm figures attached to a "movement tray". No more pens will be required because losses will be recorded by placing a "casually dome" over each loss. I was all in until I found out that the domes are sold separately. Instead of reference cards there will be a special rules book with no pictures.

I would be happy to be proven wrong. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh, casualty domes! Splattered with red to simulate gore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
Ohh, casualty domes! Splattered with red to simulate gore?
You have to paint them yourself if you want to participate in any "official" tournaments. I do not mind that so much, it is the $75 painting guide that keeps me away. Than and that you have to trade 53% of your casualty domes with the other player before each match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I've avoided painting miniatures up until now. Perhaps the casualty domes will provide sufficient inspiration. Which leads to the big questions:

To prime, or not to prime? Use the dip method, spray, or brush?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's your first time, I'd say prime (white or black, depending on how bright or dark you want the final product to be) for sure. I've had fantastic results on all my minis for Mansions of Madness and Talisman by priming, painting, then dipping. Super easy to bring out the detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look to be REALLY difficult to paint since they are invisible and intangible - Nothing for the paint to stick to.

I honestly think that if you really want to paint minis (and it can be a lot of fun) you might consider buying some of the larger fantasy figures (25 to 35mm) and a starter paint kit from your local hobby store. Most of them have a painting guide and the larger figures tend to show off the detail better. Smaller figures can be easier to paint because there is less detail to conquer but you have to have steadier hands than I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.