4 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » General

Subject: question about the deck building part rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jack benoit
msg tools
Hi everyone,

this game seems very intersting, but i d like a few clarification before i buy it

- And sorry for very bad english --

sum up of what i ve understood:
- you have a deck of X cards
- you play "mini duels games" sessions , a few cards in hand only.
- after each sessions you gain "money" to buy some "special players" (that make most of the fun, i think)
- this new player is directly put in top of your next , so available for the next session.

so .. ok I just have to understand one essential thing :

Is this a "one shot purchase for next game only" -- or a permanent addon to the deck that you may draw again in the futur sessions?
Is there a moment where you must reshuffle your whole deck, to have this permanent process of amelioration ?

example :

game 1 you buy a robot
game 2 you buy a second robot
game 3 a star
...x... you reshuffle everything
game 8 you have a change to have in hand all 3 cards ?

is that how it works ?
or the "game 2 you buy a second robot", this one will only be available on next turn. Final dot?

Thanks for your help

sorry i didnt see a video explaining you must re-shuffle all then have fun with the "giga- top" deck.
If it is like this its perfect... if it s only a "next game one shot bonus" , erf, its not really deckbuilding then ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmb
jackbenoit wrote:
Is this a "one shot purchase for next game only" -- or a permanent addon to the deck that you may draw again in the futur sessions?
Permanent (unless you later trash and replace that player, which is possible in long games)
Quote:
Is there a moment where you must reshuffle your whole deck, to have this permanent process of amelioration ?
Sure. Whenever you've run through the deck, like other deck builders. You're playing six or more cards per game and buying probably no more than two, so you're progressing through the deck even with stacking the new cards at the top of the draw stack.

By minigame 4, there's a good chance that you've triggered a shuffle and start seeing purchased cards show up in combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack benoit
msg tools
thx a lot for the fast reply
now i buy for sure ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Remember the deck always stays at 15 cards. Every time you add a player to your team (buy a card) you must get rid of one of your cards to make room for the player. You will usually reshuffle in your 3rd game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.