Subject: Natorian alternative rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the abilities of all the other marines but Natorian seems not to be a psyker at all

If you look at the 40k datasheet it says he does Biomancy so why not give him a power that heals himself or another within combat range?

I just don't get the quickening, it should at least get cleave surely??

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi7even wrote:
I get the abilities of all the other marines but Natorian seems not to be a psyker at all

If you look at the 40k datasheet it says he does Biomancy so why not give him a power that heals himself or another within combat range?

I just don't get the quickening, it should at least get cleave surely??

What do you guys think?

Not sure I understand your question. Natorian is a librarian with "potent psychic powers that enhance his innate strength and speed." His ability allows him to channel his psychic energy to attack twice in each attack phase, which seems perfectly fitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to play him more in some missiins he just didn't seem to be very useful, I just having a psyker would be a good opportunity to use support powers for the rest of the team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi7even wrote:
I need to play him more in some missiins he just didn't seem to be very useful, I just having a psyker would be a good opportunity to use support powers for the rest of the team

I do see what you mean about he doesn't really play like a psyker, but his fluff is that he uses his powers to amp up his combat prowess rather than using them to do "good" things, so I think his skills fit.

Up close, he has the potential to kill 8 enemies per turn. None of the other characters can match that kill rate in close combat without using blast. In fact, I think the only person who can kill as much in a single turn at any range would be the marksman using blast attacks in very packed zones and the terminator using a combination of blasts and powerfist attacks (although I am now going from memory, so maybe I'm wrong). As Natorian also has a 66% chance to hit with every attack, with no risk of blast damage to allies, he's one of the number one choices for getting stuck in.

Natorian also has a ranged blast attack, which means he's no slouch on the way into combat either.

The biggest problem is his unpredictability, especially when enemy psykers show up.

He's definitely not one of my favourite characters, as I prefer abilities that I can be sure to activate every round. The marksman is my hero of choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All good points you think he would get cleave though at assault range
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi7even wrote:
All good points you think he would get cleave though at assault range

My initial impression is that the potential for 8 attacks with 66% chance to hit, rending and cleaving, would be too powerful, but it's hard to say without seeing it in practice (especially as you have less chance of getting the extra attacks when the bosses are in play). If you give it a whirl, report back on how it plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.