Subject: Small Animals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sgt stiffler
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanting to clarify the Action you can take on this blue card. Which is to "add an animal to this card". Is that animal coming from the general supply? Or is it coming from an existing card that has animals already on a it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
sgtstiffler wrote:
Just wanting to clarify the Action you can take on this blue card. Which is to "add an animal to this card". Is that animal coming from the general supply? Or is it coming from an existing card that has animals already on a it?

Whenever a card adds a resource to itself or another card, that resource is taken from the supply, unless specified otherwise.
There are some cards that destroy or take away another player's resources (i.e. "ants"), but they specifically say so.

Cheers,
Sebastian! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sgt stiffler
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK thanks! I almost lost money betting my friend on the the official answer. Glad I decided I just might be wrong....I was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
How would the first animal come into play if they were taken from other cards as primary source?

Predator eats other players animals to grow in number on its own card, Ants eats other players microbes to grow in number. Otherwise, if I remember right, all other cards gets their animals from general supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie Fultz
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
When playing Ecological Zone (128)

Effect: When you play an animal or plant tag (including these 2), add animal to this card.

Do you get qty (2) animals to place on the card since there is a plant and animal tag on it?

Would this also be the case when playing Advance Ecosystems (135) which has a plant, animal, and microbe tag - getting qty (2) animals on the Ecological Zone card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
MontagGG wrote:
When playing Ecological Zone (128)

Effect: When you play an animal or plant tag (including these 2), add animal to this card.

Do you get qty (2) animals to place on the card since there is a plant and animal tag on it?

Would this also be the case when playing Advance Ecosystems (135) which has a plant, animal, and microbe tag - getting qty (2) animals on the Ecological Zone card?

Yes, that is on a per tag basis, not per card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
How would the first animal come into play if they were taken from other cards as primary source?

Predator eats other players animals to grow in number on its own card, Ants eats other players microbes to grow in number. Otherwise, if I remember right, all other cards gets their animals from general supply.

Do note that it's a red bordered payment, that means that even if you can't or won't eat another players animals you can still place a new animal on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:
orjanalmen wrote:

Do note that it's a red bordered payment, that means that even if you can't or won't eat another players animals you can still place a new animal on it.

This is - unfortunately - not accurate. The left hand side of an action is a cost. If the cost is not paid, you do not get the effect. Thus, it is optional to pay, but if you don't, you don't get the effect. However, you can take animals from your own cards if you want to play nice, but that would render the card much weaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.