Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We moved to Myrtle Creek in August and I'm the only one in the house who plays anything more edgy than Monopoly. Anybody getting together for restaurant, coffee house, other public gaming?

EDIT: Or board gaming of any type?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grew up in Roseburg! I'm afraid I can't help you, but I'm curious about this myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope. Seems like most local-ish BGGers either haven't signed in in several months/years or don't answer PMs if they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Ayala
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, none that I know of in Roseburg. If you're up for a drive though, Funagain Games in both Eugene and Ashland have play spaces and a solid community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: Today I traveled about 45 minutes south to Grant's Pass. That's a little over an hour if if I were living in Roseburg.

Dropped by a store I was sure had only CCGs, based on their website. Boy, was I wrong. Castle Hill Games has a good selection of card, board, RPG and miniature games. They also have a healthy amount of table space for in-store gaming. The staff were very friendly and even suggested FB groups of their local gaming groups that I should link with.

I am looking forward to visiting Castle Hill Games a couple of weekends each month in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a meetup group in Grants pass for board gaming. The Meetup group name is "Board Games on the Rogue". I have been to one of their meetups. But with two little ones I don't make the trip to Grants Pass from Medford.
I was also going to say that if you are going to be driving I think Chaz Marler from Pair of Dice Paradise has a meetup group in Creswell. I stopped by it once while I was at a training in Eugene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Volpe
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an hour drive from Myrtle Creek, but there's a monthly meetup in Cottage Grove called Gamesquall. Myself and several others drive to it from Eugene. They have a large library of games available for anyone to play.
https://www.meetup.com/Pair-of-Dice-Paradise/events/22989427...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to both of you. Looks like Castle Hill Games in Grants Pass has a Saturday board game time and also hosts miniature war games. It's only 45-50 minutes away so I'm happy to adopt it as my FQLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.