Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
A player completed the "Whispers Made Real" milestone and discovered the Arados island. We were confused as to how many glory the player should have received for that. The milestone was worth 3 or 4 points by itself (sorry the cards in the trash now), and the successful Search endeavor was worth 1 point. Does the player also gets the 4 points for discovering an island? Making that milestone actually worth 8 or 9 points total? Or does the player only get the milestone and the Search endeavor glory? Since the island was only placed during the claim milestone phase of the turn we weren't sure if the points for island placement were also given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright to the best of my memory, we unlocked that last sessions which was three weeks ago.. We played it where the player also got the glory for where the island sticker went. We had a good debate for playing it both ways, but went with the greater glory due to the spot on the board being covered that would normally grant glory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
mcs1213 wrote:
Alright to the best of my memory, we unlocked that last sessions which was three weeks ago.. We played it where the player also got the glory for where the island sticker went. We had a good debate for playing it both ways, but went with the greater glory due to the spot on the board being covered that would normally grant glory.

But isn't that glory granted from the the paragraph read from the Captain's Booke when you discover the island? The paragraph that you read for founding Arados just mentioned the glory from the milestone, not actually discovering the island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.